Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:14 PM

502 posts, read 1,654,376 times

Advertisements

I'm pregnant with my second child, but this one has been so different that it might as well be my first! My daughter turned head-down at about 37 weeks and remained that way until she was born at 39 weeks. She apparently turned during the night because I had no idea and didn't feel any difference.

At my checkup last week (31 weeks) I was told that my baby is already head down. Again, it must have happened during the night because I didn't feel any difference. Today this little fellow has moving a lot more than usual - moreso squriming and rolling than kicking. I'm starting to wonder if he's turning again. Is it possible or likely for a head-down baby to turn again at 32 weeks? I know my description is vague, but does it sound like he's turning to any of you? He's moving so much to the point where I don't have a desire to eat dinner tonight. So you KNOW it's bad! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:43 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
The bigger the baby gets the harder it is for it to turn around. I suppose it could have turned, but it likely didn't. I had 3 sons and didn't feel any of them turn. My oldest son turned and I would have sworn he hadn't. My middle son I thought had turned because of all kinds of activity when he had not yet and my younhest son waited until close to the end to turn. You just never know.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Maybe this is just a more active baby - every baby is different. My 1st never really kicked she mainly just rolled around. My son was much more active and into kicking....this sounds like something you should be asking your OB/Gyn though...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Yes it is possible for a baby to turn again late into the pregnancy. My youngest was heads down and in position almost two weeks before she was born and somewhere within those two weeks she turned and was heads up laying diagnonally and indian style on the day she was born. My placenta was sitting low to the cervex and was starting to tear with each contraction so the doctor could not turn her and let her come naturally so she was a C-section. She still came out feet first.

I don't think that it is very common for a baby to change positions from heads down to heads up, but it can happen. There is a bigger chance that this second child of yours is just a lot more active and feels like it is doing sommersaults and hasn't changed positions at all.

I never felt any of my five children turn and go into position at least not that I remember. But I do remember a couple of them dropping the day or so before they were born. One was while I was walking and I thought the kid was going to fall out and I was going to fall down.

If you are really concerned that the baby has changed positions, then check with your doctor. He/She may have some excercises that you could do to change the child's position from heads up to heads down in case the baby has turned. If nothing else it will be something for the doctor to watch for come day of delivery and can do something to change that before the baby is delivered.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:14 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,167 times
I have a good friend that in the two weeks before she was due the baby turned like three times. He was down then he was up again so they were worried that they would have to turn him manually, then he turned back on his own, but then did the same thing! Fortunately he ended up being in the right place when she went into labor and all went well!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times
I am also 31 weeks! I haven't felt either of my babies turn, but I have been told that they were head down from pretty early. This one was head up at 18 weeks and then head down at 22 weeks and has been head down since, as far as I know. But this one also feels WAY more active than my first one did. I don't know if it's just that my body knows what it feels like better this time, or that this baby really is more active.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
Yes, babies can turn up to 37 or so weeks, at least! I don't think it's anything to worry about until you're 33-34 weeks pg and the babe is still breech. If that happens, try www.spinningbabies.com. I have a friend who successfully "spun" her baby at 38 weeks into the head-down using those exercises and also acupuncture. Good luck!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,281,000 times
My son was head down for weeks. He was a "rooter" digging his head, rolling and wedging his little feet into my ribs. he was 7.9 lbs and 21.5 inches long. Basically he was just trying to get comfortable in the space he had. Even now (at 15 years old) he still "roots" his feet under me on the couch.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
My little angel went head down at 32 weeks. She then was head up at 35 weeks. Then head down at 38 weeks. When I was ready to push, she turned right then and there!

As they get bigger it is so much harder for the baby to turn. I wouldn't worry. You have over a month to go. Most babies are usually head down by 38 weeks.

Just don't let them talk you into a c-section because he/she isn't at 37 weeks. Alot of babies turn very close to birth!

Good luck. Don't worry. Your body and your baby know better than anyone!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM

195 posts, read 525,209 times
This baby could be a very good swimmer. He/she has natural instinct to turn again at the end of one direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy