Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,968,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My first was born 45 weeks to the day after I conceived her
So you went to 47 weeks gestation? How big was your baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 33,404,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
Today I'm a week past my "estimated due date". Just wondering if anyone has any experience, advice, anecdotes, etc about going overdue. Something to read while I wait!
What did the Dr say the last time you were there?
Did you start dilating? Has the baby dropped?

With my 1st, he was early. We had a storm (anyone remember Gloria?) coming, the hospital was packed. I started having cramps, ended up taking a bath, then called the Dr. He said yes I was starting labor and to come back at 6pm if nothing happened. I did that, he told me I was good to go to the hospital; they broke my water, son popped out about 2 hours later.

With my daughter (8 years later) I was having a lot of contractions. Ended up losing my plug. The Dr told me I was going to go at any time or I could go to be induced the next day; which I ended up doing. My ex had a deceased brother who's birthday was the day after, I didn't want my daughter to have the same birthday mostly because of my MIL and how hard it was for her losing him (drowning) even though it had been close to 20 years IIRC.

Inducing was easy for me. They did the pitosen, labor went well, they broke my water, I had her. I know many people that inducing did not go well where they were in labor over 24 hours then had a C section.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 AM

959 posts, read 1,821,570 times
I was 4 days overdue and my Dr. stripped my membranes and that sent me into labor. I would NEVER let a Dr. do that to me again no matter what the outcome. It was obsolutely horrible and hurt so bad!

Kristine

Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,644,505 times
Maybe I've missed it, but ADVentive hasn't posted back - - - - - - Maybe she went into labor???? Or maybe she's taking some of our advice and is "occupied"!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 PM

326 posts, read 1,299,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I love that scene in Roseanne when her sister Jackie was expecting a baby. She was a couple of days overdue and starting to freak out. Roseanne tried to reassure her, saying it had just been two days. Jackie grabbed her and screamed, "I HAVE A TWO-DAY-OLD CHILD INSIDE OF ME!"

LoL... I was thinking about the same thing and then I came across your reply.

I was a week and 1/2 over due... they had schedule to induce me but the day before I went into labor.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,910,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but ADVentive hasn't posted back - - - - - - Maybe she went into labor???? Or maybe she's taking some of our advice and is "occupied"!!!
Hmmmm....why don't we call her a few times and ask "Haven't you had that baby yet?!?"

Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,915,214 times
Well, I was trying not to be induced - doc had wanted to at 41 weeks but I declined. He said he wanted to do an NST and check my fluids then to make sure everything was okay with baby, so we did that this morning. Baby had a non-reactive NST, which they didn't like, but looked fine and was moving around by ultrasound. My fluid levels were determined to be very high though, at 35 instead of in the teens, and that seemed very concerning. So based on that, they really wanted to induce right away. So, they sent me across the street, and here I sit connected to the pictocin and waiting for things to start happening. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night, but we should have a baby tonight or tomorrow! I had really wanted to avoid pitocin this time, but I guess we don't always get what we want...

Old 04-24-2009, 03:34 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,172,055 times
Good luck to you!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Well, I was trying not to be induced - doc had wanted to at 41 weeks but I declined. He said he wanted to do an NST and check my fluids then to make sure everything was okay with baby, so we did that this morning. Baby had a non-reactive NST, which they didn't like, but looked fine and was moving around by ultrasound. My fluid levels were determined to be very high though, at 35 instead of in the teens, and that seemed very concerning. So based on that, they really wanted to induce right away. So, they sent me across the street, and here I sit connected to the pictocin and waiting for things to start happening. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night, but we should have a baby tonight or tomorrow! I had really wanted to avoid pitocin this time, but I guess we don't always get what we want...
Oh, wow! I can't think of the appropriate cheery and encouraging thing to say--Have a good time?--but it's been a long week.

Best wishes!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,156,075 times
Quote:
Today I'm a week past my "estimated due date". Just wondering if anyone has any experience, advice, anecdotes, etc about going overdue. Something to read while I wait!
I would strongly advise you not to worry. An EDD is just that: an estimate. As you know, the average pregnancy is around 40 weeks, but given the fact that most practitioners estimate conception based on the last menstrual period, that date can be as much as two weeks off in either direction. Unless you're two weeks or more over your EDD, you're still well within the normal zone.

Trust your body to know when it's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy