Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times

Advertisements

Well, I wish you a fast and easy labor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:09 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Good thoughts and best wishes sent your way, for a fast and easy labor and healthy delivery.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 PM

756 posts, read 2,218,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
Well, I was trying not to be induced - doc had wanted to at 41 weeks but I declined. He said he wanted to do an NST and check my fluids then to make sure everything was okay with baby, so we did that this morning. Baby had a non-reactive NST, which they didn't like, but looked fine and was moving around by ultrasound. My fluid levels were determined to be very high though, at 35 instead of in the teens, and that seemed very concerning. So based on that, they really wanted to induce right away. So, they sent me across the street, and here I sit connected to the pictocin and waiting for things to start happening. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night, but we should have a baby tonight or tomorrow! I had really wanted to avoid pitocin this time, but I guess we don't always get what we want...
Too funny, hooked up to the piticon and on city data! I love it!
Now breathe hehe, whowho hehe,whowho!!!
Let us know when it's time to push!!
Best of luck to you for a speedy delivery and healthy baby!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:13 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I have 3 sons and I was overdue with them all. My oldest I was 17 days overdue, the second son 12 days and the third son 14 days. All the doctor had to do was mention inducement to me and I went into labor lol! Seriously, take walks, that does help.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times
Ahhhh...overdue. Got a little story about that one.

2 days before my "due date" with my first child, I had pains in my crotch. Weird ones, and I never had them before. So the next day I went to my DR, and he did an ultrasound, and the little bugger turned himself breach, and it was his feet dancing down there. So they scheduled me for a C-Section the next day.

During that night, I had those pains again. So the next day at the hospital I was in my gown, they already shaved me-dry mind you, and hooked up that d*mn catheter, which they did before they gave me any medicine and let me tell you I surprised that it hurt!! So after they did all that, they hooked me up to the ultrasound again.......and didn't the little monkey turn himself back around! The DR said that I could go home!!!!!!! Before I left, the nurse told me that she didn't know why the doctor was sending me home, they could tell by the ultrasound that he was a huge baby and there was no way he was going to fit going down and I was going to have to have a C-Section anyway.

Needless to say, I was sent home. TWO WEEKS LATER, after the baby not coming, I was finally scheduled once again for a C-Section and had to go through that crap.........again.

So when they pull out my little football player (first words out of my DR's mouth).......he was 10 pounds and 12 ounces. The nurse was right. So I had to endure two weeks of me getting bigger, swelling.....and the baby getting bigger........for nothing.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:25 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Well, I was trying not to be induced - doc had wanted to at 41 weeks but I declined. He said he wanted to do an NST and check my fluids then to make sure everything was okay with baby, so we did that this morning. Baby had a non-reactive NST, which they didn't like, but looked fine and was moving around by ultrasound. My fluid levels were determined to be very high though, at 35 instead of in the teens, and that seemed very concerning. So based on that, they really wanted to induce right away. So, they sent me across the street, and here I sit connected to the pictocin and waiting for things to start happening. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night, but we should have a baby tonight or tomorrow! I had really wanted to avoid pitocin this time, but I guess we don't always get what we want...
Good luck or do I post congrats? lol

Old 04-25-2009, 09:09 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times
Update: Baby was born tonight, at 41 weeks, 2 days, at 8:48 pm. She is 8 pounds 10 ounces and perfectly healthy, despite the fears from the high fluid levels. Yay! After 29 hours on pitocin, I'm exhausted, but still waiting for baby to come back from her bath. She was able to nurse about 20 minutes after birth (docs had to suction her first due to meconium in the fluid), and she nurses like a pro already!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Congrats....glad to hear all went well.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 PM

458 posts, read 1,355,130 times
feel lucky for the waiting cause when they are teens ya can't wait to get rid of them fast enough.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:40 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Quote:
Update: Baby was born tonight, at 41 weeks, 2 days, at 8:48 pm. She is 8 pounds 10 ounces and perfectly healthy, despite the fears from the high fluid levels. Yay! After 29 hours on pitocin, I'm exhausted, but still waiting for baby to come back from her bath. She was able to nurse about 20 minutes after birth (docs had to suction her first due to meconium in the fluid), and she nurses like a pro already!
Well CONGRATS!!! Glad that all went well and that baby and you are both doing great. Try and get as much rest as you can and enjoy that new precious little bundle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy