Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:38 PM

47 posts, read 234,385 times

Advertisements

wow our teens are growing up smarter by the day....... one must be living under a rock to not know of birth control in this day and age. i guess my tax dollars can help pay for all these unwed teen moms' hospital bills. this is not a morality speech because i believe people will do whatever they choose but please be responsible enough to not make it everyone else's problem in the long run. u two enjoyed the moment so the two of you should deal/fix the consequences.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
If my child took your advice on this forum and got the pill and didn't get medical/my attention first and something happened to her, believe me I/my lawyer would find the person who advised her.
And if you could find a lawyer to do this you'd lose.

Quote:
...you say it would be more mature to have unprotected sex, get pregnant and then take a pill to prevent what could/should/might happen? Good way to teach a child/person that there are consequences. It seems to me you are telling a person to use plan b/abortion as a birth control method.
I don't see where anyone advised the girl to have unprotected sex then get an abortion or use Plan B as a normal BC method. Plan B may very well not be the best option for the OP but let's not get carried away, ascribing extreme statements to posters either.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:27 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,667 times
Default Try to take a deep breath

It's too early to have pregnancy symptoms. They don't kick in until a few weeks after conception in most cases.

First, just because you had unprotected sex one time doesn't mean you conceived. You can only conceive during a particular five-day to one-week window, usually starting the 14th day after the first day of your last period if you have a 28-day cycle. There are early pregnancy tests that can detect pregnancy 5 days before the expected day of your next period. Taking one could put your mind at ease.

Second, please get some birth control. Go to your doctor or Planned Parenthood to discuss the option that's right for you. My guess is that you had sex unexpectedly. A lot of teens get pregnant from such encounters so you should always be prepared if you and your boyfriend are going to be alone together.

Third, please tell your mom or an adult you can trust. You need support and guidance. You will need it even more if it turns out that you are pregnant.

Fourth, if you are pregnant, please consider putting the child up for adoption. It's hard being a teenage mom and it's hard being the child of a teenage mom. There are many wonderful agencies that will help you select loving parents and allow you to have an open adoption where you can keep in touch with the child from time to time.

Take care. I'm sorry that you're going through such a scary, difficult time.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:56 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
ISN'T more serious is right. Was that supposed to be a point?
Of course the miscarriage I had as a 16 year old rape victim wasn't a serious medical event. Forget the fertility issues I will carry with my for the rest of my life as a result. Or my mother's pre-eclampsia. Or the back problems my grandmother carried with her for the rest of her life after her last child. No, of course pregnancy holds no risks whatsoever. The big bad Plan B is so much more risky.

Quote:
And I know many immiture adults who have children.

And how do you know it's unwanted?
What 16 year old has the financial capabilities of planning a pregnancy? She can want it all she wants but unless she is independently able to provide for it, that is immature. Adults are guilty of the same, however they are generally able to work more than the 20 hours a week legally alotted to 16 year olds.

Quote:
I just don't think people should be giving abortion/medical advice to a young person who only asked if we thought she COULD be pregnant.
She can get Plan B from a doctor if she was uncomfortable taking a relatively safe drug from a pharmacist. All she has to do is go to a Planned Parenthood, her family doctor, or a free clinic in a hospital. You're urging her not to.

Quote:
If my child took your advice on this forum and got the pill and didn't get medical/my attention first and something happened to her, believe me I/my lawyer would find the person who advised her.
Aw, how lovely. Another person wasting my tax money in the court system with absolutely no common sense whatsoever. Does that mean that if she doesn't get Plan B and she gets pregnant or has complications from pregnancy that she can sue you for giving her bad advice? Sound ridiculous?

Quote:
This girl is going to be fine. I've already talked to her. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders and aware she made a mistake. She is willing to live up to her mistake and deal with the choices she has made. Sounds pretty mature to me. But wait, you say it would be more mature to have unprotected sex, get pregnant and then take a pill to prevent what could/should/might happen? Good way to teach a child/person that there are consequences. It seems to me you are telling a person to use plan b/abortion as a birth control method.
I guess my definition of mature and taking responsibility for oneself is different from yours. If this 16 year old lives alone, supports herself, and would require no parental or government financial support to raise a potential child then good on her. If not, I don't see how you can say Plan B is not the responsible choice.

Plan B is the responsible thing to do in this case. She was stupid and made an immature, irresponsible choice. Plan B is not abortion so please do not try to pass it off as if it is so.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:21 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,920 times
You know what Charol, you are right. This baby would be too expensive for YOU as a taxpayer. Instead let's pump some more hormones into a teen and watch the tumors grow! Let's wait until it's a more expensive "thing" for the taxpayers/society to have to "pay" for.

And it IS considered by many people and organizations to be the equivalence to an abortion so you cannot state either side as a fact.

And no, someone under 17 cannot get plan b without a parent. You have to be 17 to get it anywhere including at the DRUGstore.

And it is irresponsible to tell a child/person they should take a pill to get rid of the problem they braught upon themselves. Yea, we sure do have a different idea of responsibility

And by the way, I'm not telling her the way she should do anything. I've told her that whatever she chooses she needs to FIRST see a doctor and talk to her mother/father/adult she can trust! You telling her what the BEST choice is, is wrong.

She probably isn't pregnant. And if she is there are different options for her. She can keep the baby, she can have the baby adopted or she can abort the baby. I would tell her to get support and look into all options. But she needs to know ALL of the facts and make the decision for her and her BABY not the taxpayers

Old 06-27-2009, 10:43 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider14 View Post
I lost my virginity 2 days ago he didnt use a condom and i dont know if there was pre ***..he didnt ejaculate but ive been super tired and my stomach feels wierd and i keep getting lightheaded wat is this
Nothing in this would suggest you are pregnant. IF you get a confirmation of pregnancy, feel free to PM me. My daughter also got pregnant at 16. It's a tough road....but do-able with some help!

Let us know.......we do care!

Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Quote:
Im actually 16 and ive herd really bad things about plan b...and i dont belive in abortions
Please, you don't know yet that you are pregnant do you? Have you talked with your Mom?? The most important thing for you right now is to first make sure you and Mom are on the same page. Next, go see a gynecologist and find out what is going on if anything. DO NOT just go buy any medication until you have done both of these things.

It is all well and good to look for advice on this forum but in the long run because of your age, your MOM is the only one who can take you in the right direction. You are still a minor and need her support while she makes the decisions along with you regarding your health.

I don't believe in abortion either and am glad that you do feel this way but it is still a little early to talk about this or adoption until you have fully discussed your situation with Mom and a doctor.

Calm down, think through this and understand that you are not the first to have found yourself in this situation nor will you be the last. Unfortunately sex is no longer something we save for marriage only and young people are funning amuck without thinking of all the consequences having sex at a young age can cause.

Take one step at a time with this....get Mom in on your problem then go to the doctor and PLEASE although I do care what happens to you from here on in, this is not the place to go for decision making when it comes to this type of thing. Good Luck sweetie....

Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 AM

111 posts, read 347,637 times
I havent talked 2 mom yet...i really dont want to i'm not even living with her right now

Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,610 times
Quote:
I havent talked 2 mom yet...i really dont want to i'm not even living with her right now
Can you talk to your dad? An Aunt? A grandmother? A teacher? A Best Friend's mom? Surely you have an adult in your life that you feel you can trust and they can always go with you when you talk to your mother if you are worried about her reaction. You really do need to talk to someone in person, face to face and not just a bunch of strangers on the internet. There is even people who can be of great help and support at Family Planning if you feel you have no one else to talk to. If you can't talk to your mother, then you still need to talk to someone who has the legal right to give consent to medical care just in case.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:01 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
It's scary that you are allowed to advise a child to take something you should consult your physician about prior!!!!! Do you know her medical background?????? What if she can't take it and since she is a "child" she doesn't understand the consequences of doing so?????

Many 16 year olds have children. I think it is one thing she had sex unprotected but to tell a child to take put her life in danger for her mistake is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention you are telling children that if they make a mistake they can basically "get rid of it" any time so you don't have to "deal with it."

So many problems with your reasoning/advice I can't even go on........ Wow
Are you insane? There are just as many risks of having babies and long term ones than taking Plan B
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy