Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times

Advertisements

and how late into your pregnancy was it?

my period is over 2 weeks late, my breasts are super sore, but 2 pregnancy tests i took one and two weeks ago were negative. i know it's not likely that i'm pregnant, but i'm wondering if it's even possible.

i'm going to take another test in the near future, but while i'm sitting at work fretting over this, i figured i might as well find out other people's experiences and theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Yes. I had some strange things going on with my body and I knew that something had to be up. I was only a couple of days late but I did a home pg test and it looked like maybe it could be positive but the line was *very* light.

At any rate, the doctor had me go to the lab and the first test (urine) came back negative.

A week later, I took a home pg test again and this time it was a much clearer result. I called the doctor again and this time they did a blood test - which came back positive.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 AM

304 posts, read 1,326,014 times
I have 2 kids and have never had a false negative. I have thought I was pg at other times and the test was negative and it turned out to be true. What you are doing to yourself by worrying though is increasing the likelihood that your period could be off kilter (stressed out does weird things to the fale body). If it were closer (just a few days) like last poster said I would think it were possible, but really if you are normally a "regular" (i.e. 28 to 32 day) kinda female, then by 2 weeks late the pregnancy hormone really has started to show up. Of course it is possibile to get a false reasing on the test, but I have been told by a dr that even the home tests are 99% accurate.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
I haven't had a false negative yet. Did you take your test with first morning's urine? You want the most potent urine possible, so don't drink a whole lot the night before and then do the test ASAP in the morning. I have also found that urinating into a small cup (I used a disposable plasticware in a small dip size) and then testing from there helped relieve the "did I do it right" worry for me.

If you end up being a month late, schedule a doctor appointment and let them know on the phone that you keep getting negatives. And try not to worry! Just assume it is negative until you discover otherwise.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,749,100 times
Wondering if you're preggo can throw you off cycle. I though I was preggo, a week late, took a test, it was negative and the next day got my period.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
i actually want it to be positive. but cdc, i think you're right.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,749,100 times
Well good luck to you then!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
My first pregnancy had 2 false negative tests! I took one at 1 week after the missed period and it came up negative, then took another one a week after that and it also came up negative. I was always "Miss Right on Time", and my breasts were sore and had a tingly feeling that I had never experienced, so I was rather confused.

The third week after the missed period I took another test, and it came up positive! Maybe I just didn't have enough of the hormone to show up as early as some people do???

Let us know what happens!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
3 pregnancies and all 3 times it came up negative if I took it within the first 2 weeks. After that they were positive but one miscarried within the first 3 weeks. I called the doctor each time as we were trying and they had me come in and do a blood test and that came back positive. The home pregnancy tests are not always accurate and some can't tell right away even if they say they can.

Good luck

Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 72,352 times
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex lately and I haven't gotten pregnant yet but I was supposed to get my period Jan 8th and it didn't come so I took a test the 10th and it came out negative , I took another one today and it also came out negative. My boobs and nipples are sore and I have slight cramps. I need help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy