Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,466,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
You have repeated this numerous times.

This girl is 10. It isn't up to us to decide for her what will happen with her and her baby. If they decide to abort, then they abort. The authorities in Mexico will decide.
I'm telling you what has been found in cases of molestation. Like it or not, this pregnancy ended her abuse at the hands of her step father. She may not view it as you do. You or I might not see that as a good thing but she might. Victims in cases like this have before. It is not unusual for them to view the baby as their rescuer. After all, finding out about the baby is what stopped her abuse.

It is not my decision. I have stated what my decision would be. IMO, putting this child through the trauma of an abortion would be the greater evil, at this point. What the authorities in Mexico will do, they will do. I feel for this child either way. There is no winning move. Only damage control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The only once that can't live it it is people like you. She is a little child raped by her daddy for crying out load. !!
People like you would make make her feel guilty if she had an abortion.
Eventually, she will figure out biology and decide for herself whether she thinks it's a life or a worthless piece of flesh that deserves to be thrown in the trash. Whichever way she goes with that, let's hope she can live with the decision being made for her.

Yes, she's a child who was molested by her step father and, as I've pointed out, often they veiw the pregnancy and baby differently than you or I would. To her, this baby may be her rescuer because the discovery of its existence ended her abuse. She may not view the pregnancy as bad.

Given the options for abortion, at this point, I would not put a child thorugh any of them unless it was to save her life.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Exactly. Ivory, forcing a child to carry the baby is child abuse, plain and simple.
And putting her through an abortion, at this late stage, is not???

Old 04-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Did you people miss the part where the girl said she wanted to keep the baby. She told her mom that. She isn't being forced to have the baby. Or do you want to force her to kill her child?
I didn't read that but I had a feeling that might be the case. It often is in cases like this. That baby is what ended her abuse at the hands of her step father. She may very well view the baby as her rescuer.

Seriously, if you're being, systematically abused and something happens, say an illness, that brings your abuse to light and ends it, you might consider that illness a blessing in disguise? To her, this pregnancy may be one. Thanks to this baby, she is no longer being abused by her step father. Not the way you or I would want to see the abuse ended but she may just be thankful it's over.

However, she is too young to raise a child. If it were my daughter, I think I'd consider adopting the child and raising it as her brother or sister. The baby committed no crime.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This thread is about THIS 10 year old child and nothing else. I think most people agree with you about this poor 10 year old.
No its not just about the 10 year old. If it was there would not be all this publicity and controversy. I agree with David647UT castration like they do to steers would be a wonderful punishment for the POS father. While I respect Ivoryticklers pro-life stance. This pregnancy should have been aborted the day it was confirmed. There is no reason medical or otherwise to allow this 10 year old to go through more pain and suffering. I stand for abortion as a medically necesary operation as should happen in this case. Abortion as a regular birth control method should not be available. This whole case is about abortion policy. This poor little girl is just caught up in this mess.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,427,310 times
All I can say -MORNING AFTER PILL-
Should be available to buy in a vending machine !

Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
While I respect Ivoryticklers pro-life stance. This pregnancy should have been aborted the day it was confirmed. There is no reason medical or otherwise to allow this 10 year old to go through more pain and suffering. I stand for abortion as a medically necesary operation as should happen in this case. Abortion as a regular birth control method should not be available.
I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
This whole case is about abortion policy. This poor little girl is just caught up in this mess.
Perhaps they are using her as an example of how messed up the abortion policy is in Mexico---especially if it's true that nobody informed her of her rights during the first trimester. It's sick that anyone---even the parents---let a pregnancy of a 10 year old continue. I don't advocate late abortions. And I don't think abortion should be used as birth control either. I just think that it's a shame what happened to this poor child. And if her situation is reflective of how Mexican laws are applied, then things do need to change down there.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:53 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,683,690 times
Quote:
The only once that can't live it it is people like you. She is a little child raped by her daddy for crying out load. !!
People like you would make make her feel guilty if she had an abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Exactly. Ivory, forcing a child to carry the baby is child abuse, plain and simple.
I agree. Children take their cues from the adults around them. If the message to them is they should be afraid, they are afraid. If the message to them is they should be ashamed, or relieved, or happy, or whatever, they are asamed, relieved, happy or whatever.

This is a little girl. She will feel guilty and overwhelmed only if those adults around her indicate that she should. She will feel relieved that it's all right with an abortion if those around her indicate that it is.

As she grows, she will only feel that she killed a person due to an abortion, if those around her make her feel that she did.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,444,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I totally agree with you.

Perhaps they are using her as an example of how messed up the abortion policy is in Mexico---especially if it's true that nobody informed her of her rights during the first trimester. It's sick that anyone---even the parents---let a pregnancy of a 10 year old continue. I don't advocate late abortions. And I don't think abortion should be used as birth control either. I just think that it's a shame what happened to this poor child. And if her situation is reflective of how Mexican laws are applied, then things do need to change down there.

That's what I concluded from the mention of a particular organization.

I can only imagine what a hot topic abortion might be in Mexico--assuming that religious beliefs are a significant factor.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
All I can say -MORNING AFTER PILL-
Should be available to buy in a vending machine !
Yes, let's despense it like candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy