U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 AM

2,839 posts, read 6,623,402 times

Advertisements

Start charting; TCOYF was godsend for me... not only does the Fertility Awareness Method help you to achieve pregnancy when you want to, but it helps you to avoid pregnancy without the use of dangerous hormones later. Knowing your body and your cycles will also clue you in if there is a problem with ovulation or progesterone, making it unnecessary to wait a year before seeking help.

You didn't say if you were on hormonal bc before January, but if you were, it can take a while for your cycles to return to normal and for you to begin ovulating again. When I went off of the Pill, it took me a year to start ovulating, then another six months to get pregnant with my son. After that, though, I was able to get pregnant within two months each time we tried (three more pregnancies; one more baby and two miscarriages).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 AM

2,607 posts, read 6,111,386 times
It only took me 2 weeks after getting off my pills.

But generally they tell you to wait at least 6-12 months before assuming their is a problem.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM

1,398 posts, read 3,071,915 times
Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for your replies so far. I will definitely check out the book you guys mentioned. I forgot to add that I'm 22. Reps for all of you...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Also check what medications he is taking. Some of them have side effects that reduce his active sperm count. I know in our case we were trying for our second for months and it wasn't until I stopped one particular medication that it took. It turns out that the undocumented side effect of sterility was so prevalent that the pharmaceuticals are considering marketing it as a Pill for men.
I'm not on any medications, but my husband is on Prozac, 10mg. He had anxiety issues in the past and although he hasn't had a panic attack in more than a year, he still takes it. I think he'd do just fine without it, but it's his safety net. Maybe that can affect his sperm count? The only thing I take are vitamins.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
You didn't say if you were on hormonal bc before January, but if you were, it can take a while for your cycles to return to normal and for you to begin ovulating again. .
Hi TouchOfWhimsy,
I haven't been on the pill before January. I was contemplating taking the pill last year, before we had our "life in order", but I was never on it...Thank you for your reply.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,011,011 times
It took me 2 years for my first, but only 4 months for my second. I charted using the Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting website. I am still shocked when someone tells me that they got pregnant as soon as they wanted to, but I guess it really does happen that way for some people. Just not for most of us!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 AM

177 posts, read 255,562 times
and make sure your partners penis works

Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 AM

2,395 posts, read 4,096,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for your replies so far. I will definitely check out the book you guys mentioned. I forgot to add that I'm 22. Reps for all of you...
You are only 22, what is the rush? Enjoy your life as a couple. A child changes your world like you won't believe. Have fun now and worry about children later, there is plenty of time for that. JMO

Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 AM

2,839 posts, read 6,623,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
You are only 22, what is the rush? Enjoy your life as a couple. A child changes your world like you won't believe. Have fun now and worry about children later, there is plenty of time for that. JMO
While I'm sure you think this is helpful, people can decide to have children whenever they want. I had my first at 22 and am very thankful that I did! I have fun with my kids, and I look forward to enjoying my grandchildren while I'm still fairly young. Furthermore, if there were a fertility problem, waiting 10 years is not going to make it any better.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Hi Suzie,
Thank you for your reply. I've been married since I was 18. We enjoy traveling and doing stuff together as a couple. However, we also feel that we're ready for the next stage in our lives - kid(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy