Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 AM

4 posts, read 7,826 times

Advertisements

Hello all very long time reader 1st time poster. We live in Bakersfield, CA born and raised 2 boys 11 and 8. We are 34 & 33 years old we have 2 business 1 is in farming the other is a gun store. Because of so much state regulating we are being forced to shut our doors on our farming business which leaves us to our gun store. Our gun store is doing wonderful better then the others in this town because of our customer service we were thinking about expanding here and putting in a new shooting range. But this state has got me so pissed off I cant stand it anymore CA DOJ and regulation on firearms here makes it almost impossible to have great customer service but we manage. So here it is as I dont want to give up on all of my customers Im going to see how this election turns out in CA and if we still have all these quaks running this state after the election my family is ready to go invest our money somewhere else start a new life somewhere else. So here is the 2nd pitch could Prescott use a new gun store with possible shooting range that puts you the customers 1st? And 2 we are very into youth sports does Prescott of a lot of youth sports program Like Soccer , Basket Ball, and mainly Baseball? and schools how are they any private or our schools better in AZ vs liberal CA? Sorry for rambling I am so fed up here in this state. Thank you to all that take the time and respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
We live in Prescott. Lots of gun stores here, only one with a range that I am aware of but Gunsite is just up the road too. We are pretty much surrounded by the National Forest where you can shoot so an indoor range may not be a wise investment for you but then again like anywhere values on property are down right now and an investment may well pay off for you. This area was about to boom, mainly in the Prescott Valley area just to the east some 10 miles when the crash hit.
Gun sales are great here, Davidson's is the wholesaler for the area (and elsewhere) and the Ruger factory has been here for years. J & G (lots of sales over the internet too) is just blocks from me and High Country Guns is just several hundred feet from my door by the way.
We have open carry here and the CCW laws that went into effect in 1994 are going away with the new law effective 29 July that does away with the need to have a CCW permit to carry concealed.
You may well like it here. Some snow in the winter, a far better climate that what you have now for sure. Lots of greenery here too.
And I bailed out of N CA in 1993 as I did not like what I saw the state I was born and raised in becoming. I married an AZ girl when I served here in the Army in the 60s.
If you want more information on the area let me know. I can also give you more information on the wholesaler.
Can't speak about the schools as I am past that, my youngest is 39 and we have 4 grandchildren. But one of the kids just moved from Phoenix to here to get away from the heat and they liked what they saw for the kids here and said it was much better than the Phoenix area.
Prescott is a pretty nice town overall to live in.

Last edited by keninaz; 06-02-2010 at 01:17 PM..

Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM

100 posts, read 252,240 times
I here things are so much better in Prexcott and the surrounding area than compared to any where in Cali.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 AM

43 posts, read 69,537 times
If you live in Bakersfield, CA, then you could compare Prescott to Lancaster, or Palmdale. It would actually be a very large step down. Not that I love Bakersfield, but I would live there ten times faster than buying a home in Prescott. If you think California has a lot of rules and regs to follow, you will hate Prescott. Actually, you would not like anywhere in the state of Arizona. Zero tolerance, no culture and horrific educational system. Arizona is more in the hole financially than California. Pick another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott