Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 AM

23 posts, read 65,644 times

Advertisements

My mom just moved to Prescott and has altzeimers. Having trouble finding a doctor accepting new patients with Medicare. Any input. Thank you.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times
Good luck; I have the same problem. Medicare pays less than other insurance, so doctors don't accept new Medicare patients. They don't want to spend time on lower paying patients. This should be illegal.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:13 PM

128 posts, read 429,768 times
Bideshi, I don't follow your logic regarding "This should be illegel."

A doctor invests years of time and money to obtain his credentials. He is now "in business" to make the best living that he can. Why should a doctor be forced to take a lesser paying patient?

Would you expect a contractor or other service provider to accept the lesser of two paying jobs?

George

Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
Bideshi, I don't follow your logic regarding "This should be illegel."
George
Trade places with me George and it will become perfectly clear.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Both my wife and myself are well over 65 and both on Medicare.

When my wife just read this thread, she informed me that there were articles in the local newspaper the past few weeks regarding a new medical practice in Prescott Valley that is accepting new patients and Medicare.

You might research this with the newspaper.

If you want to trade places, you'd better be ready to travel extensively to a new Rodeo every week, physically work your tail off installing equipment, and become intimate with ibpropen. Not to worry though, Mr. Obama is going to fix your problem, IF there are any doctors left when his socialized medicine kicks in.

George

Old 09-09-2010, 11:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,200,455 times
Default Do you know about Obam's socialized medicine?

Living in Arizona and being one of he few Liberals/Democrats in this state, I am forced to only listen to what my good neighbors tell me about Obama and the socialized medicine care he has proprosed.

From what I have read and heard, everyone is required to have medical insurance. So, if you are working and your company already provides it, you are fine. You stick with what you have.
If you do not have medical insurance, the gvt provides you medical insurance but you pay for it, just like you would anything else that is required by the county, city,state or federal gvt. If you own a house, you pay property tax. If you own a vehicle you pay registration and car insurance.

Now what the Federal gvt did do was they do not allow Corporations to get some of their tax breaks they are use to having...this was eliminated due to the Federal gvt needs the money to help regulate and run the insurance pool.

For your information, you know why allot of doctors don't accept certain medical insurances? Is the insurance companies take their sweet time in paying the claims sent in by doctors. Do you know the most efficient insurance plan is? MEDICARE INSURANCE, that is a fact.

A few years ago, I was unfortunate to have eaten a salmonella tomato, puchased at Safeway in CV. 7 hours later I took a ride by ambulance to hospital. When I received my bill from hospital I phoned in and the woman looked up my bill and gave me a discount if I paid my bill right then and there, she said they had so many bills on the books, people were not paying their medical bills.

So who does pay for all the medical bills, that aren't paid by those who cannot afford them? Does the hospital just write the unpaid bills off?
Do they just increase medical procedures, who is responsible for all the unpaid bills?
Let me give you a hint...if the hospital writes their losses off, we the gvt, pay for those losses. If the hospital eats it, they increase fees, therefore insurance companies raise their fees, so we pay for it.
Now that everyone is required to have medical insurance do you feel that will maintain a even keel on costs,keep the costs down or stabilized?
We are all required to have car insurance, do you feel car insurance has increased over the same amount of years as medical?

I hear socialized medicine as a bad thing but Medicare is socialized medicine and do you feel your care on medicare is underpar than if you had Blue Cross/ Blue Shield? If medicare is so bad, just try to take it away from those who need it.

Something needed to be done with the medical situation and know it is not perfect, just a start, Obama at least did something, that no other President wouldn't do or couldn't do because of the circumstances..just so happened there was a Democratic House/Senate and WE WON!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM

I would like to note a few things about your dissertation.

I pay Automobile Insurance because I CHOOSE to own and drive a Vehicle.

I pay Real Estate Taxes because I CHOOSE to own a home.

I will have to pay for Medical Insurance whether or not I choose to have it, or be fined.

There in lies that difference.

On another note, my military retirement medical which was one of the benefits that I worked for (24 years in the Marine Corps) is now destined to be declared income on which I will have to pay tax. Then again, that is not surprising sine Obama has already stated that anyone that is injured while serving their country in the military should pay for their own medical since they volunteered to serve.

George

Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,200,455 times
True, you don't have the option of not having medical insurance but would it be fair to say, most people who do not have medical insurance either have so much money they are able to afford their medical or one isn't able to afford the medical insurance or those younger people who feel they are in good health, they don't need it. Tell my how many seniors opt out of Medicare because they don't want it? I know several millionares and they have it. You have to pay for Medicare. I haven't looked that one up yet..it would be interesting to find out that statistic.

By Golly George you are right, Obama came up with that last year of March 09. I agree, at times he makes my BP go up, sometimes he acts like a Republican. Don't worry it is a NO GO.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,881,614 times
We recently purchased medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield for about $205/month for the two of us. It's a pretty good deal and quite inexpensive. We pay 100% up to $5,500 (each) and then BCBS pays 100% from there on. If you think about it, that's a smokin' deal. Many people (either idividually or through their employers) pay $700 to $1000 per month for their insurance and their insurance only pays 80% of their health costs. 99% of the time, we do not get sick and only pay $205/mo. If one of us does get sick, then we end up paying $663/mo for that year and 100% of the cost above that is paid for.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,131,972 times
It is going to get harder and harder to find doctors that will accept Medicare. Prepare to see more doctors DROPPING Medicare with the new reductions in amounts paid to doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott