U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,029,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Anyway, what's wrong with lots of people enjoying a park? More power to them. At least they are out in nature rather than sitting at home watching TV.
Going out in nature meant escaping the noise and crowding of the city. If I leave the traffic, congestion, and noisy people of the city and go to Lynx Lake and get the same thing. That is not relaxing to me.

It use to be a few quiet people enjoying the area, and you would not notice or hear them. Now, it is so crowded, especially on weekends, it becomes a drag to go there.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM

128 posts, read 230,910 times
I do the sound at several events at the Prescott Rodeo Grounds. A few years ago, some of the "old timers" were discussing a tunnel or vault under the Arens that was used by the Indians as a sort of sweat lodge.

I was not part of the conversation, and was only half listening.

Someone may be able to provide some input on this.

George

Old 12-06-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,587 times
Here's the deal people. 7 years ago I read a report about the tunnels underground Prescott. Out of disbelief I flew there to squash these "tales". There are 2 entrances that have been blocked off in downtown to these tunnels. Only other way to get to them is through the sewege system. Call me sick but I don't care. Down there what you find will scare you. I found several skulls and other assorted HUMAN bones. I did not touch or take any of these back with me because of my respect for the dead. I'm sorry if you think I should have but that's disrespectful in my book. Now as to the lake, well I have heard nothing about it. There are other occurences that I haqve researched since my arrival and you can email me if you wish to further speak of these. Moderator cut: This is a message board, so members will reply to you here or via Direct Message.

Last edited by Kimballette; 12-21-2010 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: This is a message board, so members will reply to you here or via Direct Message.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky1142 View Post
Here's the deal people. 7 years ago I read a report about the tunnels underground Prescott. Out of disbelief I flew there to squash these "tales". There are 2 entrances that have been blocked off in downtown to these tunnels. Only other way to get to them is through the sewege system. Call me sick but I don't care. Down there what you find will scare you. I found several skulls and other assorted HUMAN bones
Moderator cut: personal attack
This is how rumors and stories get started. If there were "human skulls and bones", the police department would have already removed those items. They would not leave human bones sitting in a sewer tunnel system.

At least make your fake story somewhat more believable then that.

Last edited by Kimballette; 12-07-2010 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 AM

28,209 posts, read 21,126,571 times
According to one of Prescotts oldest doctors practicing in town, there are many many tunnels in Prescott and surrounding territory. He said they are called the 'carpals'. He's been working them for years now.
You can check them out by googling.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM

11,970 posts, read 10,584,696 times

Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
The tunnels are true and were dug by Chinese labors during the times when the Chinese were brought her to build the railroads. Chinese dug tunnels to move from area to area to prevent them from being beaten by those white folks. They also built their Opium dens where white people also went and paid for whores.
This part of history was buried for the town of Prescott did not want the bad publicity. There is still a big cover-up.Our great grandfather has photos

Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM

42 posts, read 27,089 times
I know from a reputable source that these tunnels do to exist, and the person in question was recently in them. Not only that, but there is allegedly an entrance in the courthouse. The only way to get in them these days is to "know people" ( or maybe use the sewer!! ).

This is a black eye on the history of Prescott, and the powers that be have tried to make its existence go away by covering it up.

Way too many people have sworn that these thing exist, while only a few biased parties claim otherwise....

Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 PM

624 posts, read 487,810 times
So the Chinese were building a railroad, digging tunnels (did they extend the tunnels every time they extended the railroad?), smoking and selling opium and pimping out whores. Man what a busy group, and all that to avoid getting bullied.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM

14,851 posts, read 17,682,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
According to one of Prescotts oldest doctors practicing in town, there are many many tunnels in Prescott and surrounding territory. He said they are called the 'carpals'. He's been working them for years now.
You can check them out by googling.
seriously? carpal tunnels? You can get an operation for that you know.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott