Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM

98 posts, read 343,292 times

Advertisements

We now live in Bullhead City AZ and are looking for a change. Planning a scouting trip to Prescott area in a few weeks. Just wondering - can anyone tell me if there are any areas to avoid (i.e., crime, drugs, etc) in Prescott and/or PV? I've been doing a lot of research on line but can't really get a handle on anywhere that should be avoided. Everything sounds really good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,296 times
There really are no "ghettos" in the area. While there are 'bad spots', generally you should be OK. I would avoid the trailer park areas in Prescott and avoid some apartment complex areas in both towns.

Just use common sense and you should be fine.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM

98 posts, read 343,292 times
Default Prescott and Prescott Valley - good vs bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
There really are no "ghettos" in the area. While there are 'bad spots', generally you should be OK. I would avoid the trailer park areas in Prescott and avoid some apartment complex areas in both towns.

Just use common sense and you should be fine.
Thank you - sounds good

Old 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,696,169 times
I agree, common sense will do just fine.
Pretty decent area really.
I think you will find quite a bit of difference between PV and Prescott.
But enjoy your trip.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 AM

22 posts, read 66,541 times
Going along with what the others said there are no particular dangerous areas in Prescott or PV. With that said there are definitely some areas that I would not live which are easily identifiable by driving around, just look for the run-down houses with people sitting out on their porch smoking cigarettes when most people would be working. I used to live in BHC and you will find Prescott Valley to be very similar (basically a long road, 69, with lots of chain businesses and housing developments) as opposed to Prescott which is an actually town, with a center and lots of things to do. I am admittedly a Prescott snob and live and work right downtown. I am in my 30's so prefer to walk out my door and have access to restaurants, music, trails, etc. You can always get a bigger and better house in Prescott Valley, but I would rather live in smaller house where I do any day. Hope this helps and have fun exploring.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Work with a realtor. Just driving through the streets you can get a feel on what you prefer. I think it will really enjoy living in the Tri City area. Welcome!!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,108 times
Default also thinking of moving to prescott

My husband and I have visited Prescott several times and are interested in relocating there for retirement.
Does anyone have any information about the development Ranch at Prescott?
Also - are any areas in the Ranch at Prescott in the flood plain?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,538,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priscillag View Post
The Yavapai county site has maps that show the major flood plains. There is also an office in the courthouse that will tell you exactly what and where you can build on any given property if you give them the parcel number. For example, a lot might have some footage that can have a house and some areas that are very subtly detected as one-time washes and can only have loafing sheds or whatever.

There is also FEMA information, but it is a bear to find. A good agent should do all of this for you. Few will.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:00 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priscillag View Post
My husband and I have visited Prescott several times and are interested in relocating there for retirement.
Does anyone have any information about the development Ranch at Prescott?
The Ranch at Prescott is a very nice area with rolling hills surrounded by the Prescott National Forest. There are 13 houses for sale right now ranging in price from $225K to $995K. HOA dues are $125/yr. There are no flood plain areas in the Ranch.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:17 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
The Ranch at Prescott is a very nice area with rolling hills surrounded by the Prescott National Forest. There are 13 houses for sale right now ranging in price from $225K to $995K. HOA dues are $125/yr. There are no flood plain areas in the Ranch.
I know for sure that there is a flood plain on the corner of Walker Road and Lee Blvd. That area collects all the rain from the storm drains and pools there. I've seen the streets underwater and there are homes right there that have the potential of being under water.

The threat is not always a "flood plain" but during heavy rains you can get washes that will flood you out.

While the subdivision can have nice views, the HOA is known as being one of the most strictest HOA's in the area. Some complain about the Gateway Mall lights that can be seen from the Ranch at Prescott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott