Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,696,169 times

Advertisements

Maybe this is what he thinks is hardcore from his perspective?
Beats me, but I can tell you for a fact where and when I grew up in CA this is a joke, not hardcore drug use.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Maybe this is what he thinks is hardcore from his perspective?
Beats me, but I can tell you for a fact where and when I grew up in CA this is a joke, not hardcore drug use.
I don't take any crime or drug use lightly, but this is nothing.
This is elementary business honestly.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM

9 posts, read 20,840 times
Um, $15 for 3 pills from someone she didn't know? That doesn't really seem realistic. Who sells drugs to kids they don't know in grocery store parking lots on the super cheap? Does that really happen...?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,763 times
Perhaps it's "hardcore" compared to the way Mayberry (i.e., Prescott) "used to be" but compared to other towns/cities I'm thinking this is not shocking. I've lived in a dozen places in my 40+ years on this planet and really, this area is not the sleazepit of crime and drugs that it's being made out to be. There are problems, nobody is saying there isn't a presence. But saying there's a problem and being way over the top with it are two different things. All it takes is exposure to much worse areas to understand that this is small potatoes. Will it get worse? I don't have the answer to that. Is it crushingly bad and hideous? Mmmm...I don't think it's quite to that level.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
And what have you done to confront the issue besides complain here.
I can tell you what I did when a dealer offered free samples in CA to my 12 year old, I did a drive by, caught him in the act and told him if I saw him near my house again I would kill him. he did not have a clue as to who I was.
That's how I handle things. He was never seen in my area again.
And I have bad news for you again, but nothing in the articles you are quoting says anything about hard core drugs usage. Get a life!
And I am prepared to confront the issue, are you?
"Go ahead, make my day..."

Harry Callahan (aka Clint Eastwood)

Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,696,169 times
I carried a gun for 6 years in the Army '66-72 and most of my life since.
I take care of my own.
The last time I called a cop when some kids were trying to beak into our home at 3 AM in the morning in CA it took the police over 40 minutes to get to my home that had been there in subdivision for 32 years.
They could not find it and dispatch called me back to get directions to the home when they knew I had one of the culprits held at gun point.
That is the last time I called a cop for anything at my home.
I can take care of myself and my family and I am certainly not afraid to shoot.
PS~my wife has her own guns and also likes to shoot.
The question is can you???

Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
I carried a gun for 6 years in the Army '66-72 and most of my life since.
I take care of my own.
The last time I called a cop when some kids were trying to beak into our home at 3 AM in the morning in CA it took the police over 40 minutes to get to my home that had been there in subdivision for 32 years.
They could not find it and dispatch called me back to get directions to the home when they knew I had one of the culprits held at gun point.
That is the last time I called a cop for anything at my home.
I can take care of myself and my family and I am certainly not afraid to shoot.
PS~my wife has her own guns and also likes to shoot.
The question is can you???
Hey, not making fun, but that quote popped into my head.

No, I don't have a gun but I probably should.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,296 times
Quote:
I did a drive by, caught him in the act and told him if I saw him near my house again I would kill him. he did not have a clue as to who I was.
That's how I handle things.

And I am prepared to confront the issue, are you?

You mean take the law into you own hands and threaten to kill people?

and Esenjay what say you to this?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I don't take any crime or drug use lightly, but this is nothing.
This is elementary business honestly.
These were just a drop in the bucket. I referenced 3 articles that I quickly looked up, there are hundreds of serious drug cases involving kids and the area schools. Many never make the paper.

Once again, this "no big deal" attitude while our kids are destroying themselves. Nice attitude.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:35 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
These were just a drop in the bucket. I referenced 3 articles that I quickly looked up, there are hundreds of serious drug cases involving kids and the area schools. Many never make the paper.

Once again, this "no big deal" attitude while our kids are destroying themselves. Nice attitude.

I do believe that you are making mountains out of mole hills.....I don't think anyone here in this thread is taking a lax attitude at all, but you can't control others behavior. And we all know that drugs will never be gotten rid of unfortunately. But I do have to ask, you are so quick to not only put Prescott down but everyone here for having a "no big deal"attitude.....what are YOU doing about all of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott