U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM

3,389 posts, read 3,448,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcherDawn View Post
My husband, myself and our two young boys are being transferred from New Hampshire to Prescott in July. I was wondering about the subdivision Pinon Oaks that we are looking at. General opinions, impressions. We saw lots of basketball hoops and kids on bikes there. The people seemed very nice, and the houses looked great. It is kinda close to the airport, which is one of the drawbacks I suppose, if the airport is busy? Any other opinions are appreciated. Thanks soon to be new neighbors. :-)
Also, could someone tell me what the temps are like around the 4th of July there? Just trying to brace myself really.
Let's bring the discussion back to the o/p's original post, please. This is not the weather forum, so let's get back on topic now. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,525,499 times
Smile Welcome

Quote:
My husband, myself and our two young boys are being transferred from New Hampshire to Prescott in July. I was wondering about the subdivision Pinon Oaks that we are looking at. General opinions, impressions. We saw lots of basketball hoops and kids on bikes there. The people seemed very nice, and the houses looked great. It is kinda close to the airport, which is one of the drawbacks I suppose, if the airport is busy? Any other opinions are appreciated. Thanks soon to be new neighbors. :-)
Also, could someone tell me what the temps are like around the 4th of July there? Just trying to brace myself really.

Welcome.

Pinon Oaks is a nice subdivision and I only heard one man say he moved away from there because of the noise.
I lived in Portsmouth, NH in the sixties and I know the temps are cooler in the summer than what you will experience here but I assure you, it is relatively dry here so it won't seem so hot as the temp indicates and we don't have the mosquitos that NH has. I remember my parents stored all their luggage in basement and when the luggage was opened, it was full of mildew. We had to hose off all the mildrew from the inside of suit cases.

You won't find another state that is friendlier than Arizona and Prescott is very friendly.

Welcome to the Tri City Area.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 AM

37 posts, read 31,757 times
We bid on a house in Pinon Oaks and it was accepted. We are almost official residents. I will have the moving company do a full unload for us. At least if they get it inside we have a/c. I just don't think that we will be used to 90's on the first day, even if it is relatively dry. Thanks for the advice. And thanks for the welcome. :-)

Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM

1,354 posts, read 2,570,963 times
Quote:
We bid on a house in Pinon Oaks and it was accepted. We are almost official residents. I will have the moving company do a full unload for us. At least if they get it inside we have a/c. I just don't think that we will be used to 90's on the first day, even if it is relatively dry. Thanks for the advice. And thanks for the welcome. :-)
Did you bid on an auction house?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,520,231 times
Quote:
I just don't think that we will be used to 90's on the first day, even if it is relatively dry.
Having spent a lot of time in the Midwest and coastal areas, I have found AZ heat much, much more bearable. The combination of low humidity and a little breeze almost makes me unaware of the heat, and I have to remind myself to wear sun protection. Especially at the altitude of Prescott, where the sun's rays are more intense.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM

331 posts, read 584,294 times
Low to Mid 90's is not accurate at all. The average high in July is 88.3 degrees and the average high in June is 84.6 degrees. Therefore, on July 4th, the average temperature would be 87 degrees. Of course, it could be 93 or 95 degrees. The high could also be 79 or 81 degrees. The Prescott summers are mild and NOT hot. If you want hot, drive 90 miles south to Phoenix.

EDIT: I almost can't believe that one poster described the conditions as "brutal". Prescott is at elevation 5,000+ feet. This is NOT Phoenix!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM

7 posts, read 21,178 times
Default Pinon Oaks is a very nice subdivision!

There are 2 locations to Pinon Oaks...one from Willow Creek (older one) and one from Pioneer parkway. The newer side tends to have larger lots and homes. Both locations are convenient to almost everything. The community is comprised of folks from all over and therefore is condusive to getting to know your neighbors. The airplane noise is not that bad...mostly planes with props. In the summer when wildfire danger is greater, you may get a chance to see the "slurry" bombers fly in to reload. Pinon Oaks is a wonderful place to live, and I'm sure you'll be very happy there!

As for the 4th...usually that's the time the monsoon rains start. After the higher, dry temps of June, we welcome the rain. Cools things off! The fourth of July offers something for everyone. The parade is delightful, the rodeo is the worlds oldest, and the whole downtown is buzzing with activity. Main Street USA!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:47 PM

37 posts, read 31,757 times
We will be in the older side of Pinon Oaks. I found a group called "Pinon Oaks Folks" on the internet. It looks like crime must be super low, because they state the major problems as being speeders, not picking up after your dogs, and weeds in yards. My husband and I are thrilled to move to a community with "problems" like that. Prescott seems to be a gem of a place, and although we will be getting used to the heat quite quickly, the people sure are super friendly, and from someplace else, like we will be. Thank you all for your comments and help. I feel welcomed already.
Brian- we did not bid on a house, we made an offer, and they accepted. my real estate terminology is quite poor. :-) apologies.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM

1,354 posts, read 2,570,963 times
Quote:
We will be in the older side of Pinon Oaks. I found a group called "Pinon Oaks Folks" on the internet. It looks like crime must be super low, because they state the major problems as being speeders, not picking up after your dogs, and weeds in yards. My husband and I are thrilled to move to a community with "problems" like that. Prescott seems to be a gem of a place, and although we will be getting used to the heat quite quickly, the people sure are super friendly, and from someplace else, like we will be. Thank you all for your comments and help. I feel welcomed already.
Brian- we did not bid on a house, we made an offer, and they accepted. my real estate terminology is quite poor. :-) apologies.
Congratulations! Welcome to the area.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,189 times
Pinon Oaks is a great neighborhood. Lots of people of all different ages, next to the soccer and baseball fields, and only about 15 min away from the high school and middle schools. Also right next to a golf course, a Fry's, Subway, Pizza Place, and the Airport.

As for the tempatures, expect mid 90s to high 80s. And on the fourth of July, there is a firework show at Pioneer Park that you can see from Pinon Oaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott