U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,231,800 times

Advertisements

Some here will tell you that this is a meth capitol (which I find rather amusing) and they further state nothing is done about it.
In the following article I see a 19 year old female got a reduced pleas deal that involves 5 years in jail for selling the stuff.
In other areas of the country a young person like this, particularly a female, would get a suspended sentence and probation with no jail time.
In reading the papers about sentences for what other communities consider minor crimes here it does appear to me that our courts are far from lenient on offenders.

Last edited by keninaz; 05-15-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:57 PM

3,971 posts, read 6,241,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Some here will tell you that this is a meth capitol (which I find rather amusing) and they further state nothing is done about it.
In the following article I see a 19 year old female got a reduced pleas deal that involves 5 years in jail for selling the stuff.
In other areas of the country a young person like this, particularly a female, would get a suspended sentence and probation with no jail time.
In reading the papers about sentences for what other communities consider minor crimes here it does appear to me that our courts are far from lenient on offenders.
I wanted to reply to the lock thread, but my reply will fit well with this thread as well. That's good. Sellers should get harsh penalties. Though there is another side to the coin that I feel is ignored. Drug users and/or dealers should not be in the same jail system as violent offenders. Two completely different reasons in jail and two completely different mindsets. Don't need a drug user becoming a violent drug user, killing people to get a fix.

Referring to the other thread calling Prescott the meth capital of Arizona is a silly idea. Ever come to Phoenix? I want you come to downtown Phoenix during the summer and winter months. Check out the parks and see how many meth heads roam around. You can separate them from the truly homeless.

To then expand on this. Navajo county, specifically the white mountain area has been expanding its police force at an aggressive rate. Including intersection cameras and aggressive drug busts. To go off topic a little they even have a DUI van and the area combined is smaller than Prescott! I would say Prescott isn't alone with it's growing meth problem.

Drug abuse comes from a spectrum of psychological problems here in the USA. I don't see it being used for a "good time." I've yet to meet an ex-drug user that did it use beyond filling a void.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,518,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Check out the parks and see how many meth heads roam around. You can separate them from the truly homeless.
Curious. I must lead a sheltered life. How does one recognize a meth head?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 PM

3,971 posts, read 6,241,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
Curious. I must lead a sheltered life. How does one recognize a meth head?
Go ask them or usually a glass pipe sticks says "hi i use meth" pretty well too.

Jokes aside. You can tell by the heavy amount of scabs on their body including their face. It's from them picking their skin, thinking their are insects on their body. When in fact there is nothing there. Don't confuse this with an acne problem either. My coworker has horrible acne because of stress.

Image maybe disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/11862..._baby_yeah.jpg

Old 05-16-2011, 10:55 AM

1,354 posts, read 2,570,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Jokes aside. You can tell by the heavy amount of scabs on their body including their face. It's from them picking their skin, thinking their are insects on their body. When in fact there is nothing there. Don't confuse this with an acne problem either. My coworker has horrible acne because of stress.
I've watched a few of those 'Intervention' TV shows. One of them said that meth recrystalizes under the skin, which is why they scratch their skin so much. Meth is seriously nasty stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott