U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 PM

42 posts, read 28,605 times

Advertisements

If you don't know what i am talking about...
Poland - Arizona Ghost Town ( Warning:Banjo music )

I would like to take pics of the entrance on the Poland side. I was up there recently, and there was a rough road that seemed to go toward the entrance, but i didn't want to trespass on private property. The road had no signage or gating, but did have what seemed to be an empty sign box. Anyone know if this is private property or what?

Also...i have seen many pics of the Poland entrance, but what about the Walker side? Not much info seems to exist on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM

3,502 posts, read 5,131,491 times
very curious about this, too....a neat piece of Arizona history....parts of the old Bradshaw Mountain railroad can be explored in the Poland area, too.....

Old 05-20-2011, 12:50 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrider View Post
I was up there recently, and there was a rough road that seemed to go toward the entrance, but i didn't want to trespass on private property. The road had no signage or gating, but did have what seemed to be an empty sign box. Anyone know if this is private property or what?

Also...i have seen many pics of the Poland entrance, but what about the Walker side? Not much info seems to exist on it.
Go to Yavapai County Official Website and click on "GIS Mapping", then click on "ADVANCED CUSTOMIZABLE MAP". Click in on the exact area, using road names. When you recognize the spot, click on the lower case letter i on the left hand bar. Then a click will bring up the owner of the property.

If you click on "Map Layers" on the upper right, then "Aerial Images", then "Digital Globe", you will have a satellite view of the area, and might see the rough road you describe.

Zoom controls upper left.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
Go to Yavapai County Official Website and click on "GIS Mapping", then click on "ADVANCED CUSTOMIZABLE MAP". Click in on the exact area, using road names. When you recognize the spot, click on the lower case letter i on the left hand bar. Then a click will bring up the owner of the property.

If you click on "Map Layers" on the upper right, then "Aerial Images", then "Digital Globe", you will have a satellite view of the area, and might see the rough road you describe.

Zoom controls upper left.
First off....awesome link! Much thanks!
Looks like the owner is Poland Properties LLC in Scottsdale. Says vacant land....
Hmmm....

Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 AM

120 posts, read 124,841 times
The Poland-Walker tunnel is accessible, but you'll need scuba gear to go through it. Theres a short train tunnel just down the road that's pretty neat too which is dry so you can walk through it.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
The Poland-Walker tunnel is accessible, but you'll need scuba gear to go through it. Theres a short train tunnel just down the road that's pretty neat too which is dry so you can walk through it.
Thanks. I knew it was flooded...but i am not really interested in going in it...just to snap a few pics of the entrance. I actually snapped some pics of the train tunnel you mentioned the day i was up there.

Do you know anything about the Walker side?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:15 AM

120 posts, read 124,841 times
Nope, I've never seen that side.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,075,172 times
From what I heard the tunnels were sealed off by the forest service to prevent people from venturing into them. The only way of really finding out is to drive out and see it for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: