Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:07 PM

285 posts, read 904,030 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to get a job there. To assist the moving expenses, I would have to sell the car and was considering taking the Hound there.
Even Trailways doesn't drive there anymore. Is there a Phoenix/Prescott line still around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,535,818 times
There are several shuttles. Give it a Google.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:36 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,912,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
I'm hoping to get a job there. To assist the moving expenses, I would have to sell the car and was considering taking the Hound there.
Even Trailways doesn't drive there anymore. Is there a Phoenix/Prescott line still around?
If you do not have a car, how do you expect to get to work? Prescott is not exactly the mecca of public transportation.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,867,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
If you do not have a car, how do you expect to get to work? Prescott is not exactly the mecca of public transportation.
I second that. This place is not downtown Phoenix, we do NOT have a light rail train and buses up here. You MUST have a vehicle up here.

Also, I would NOT move to Prescott without having a job lined up already. It can take months or even over a year to find a job. Plus the cost of living is much higher here than in Phoenix. It is 8% higher here than the national average. Prescott has higher grocery costs, housing costs and miscellaneous good and services costs. Unless you have thousands of dollars saved, I would not move here until you get a job lined up. You can end up in a world of hurt pretty fast.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:05 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,691,225 times
And like many towns in AZ the town is spread out and add to that the hills we have within town which would make commuting to and front work any distance for the young only.
And we are at some 5400" elevation average so if you are not used to that breathing could be a little tough for a little while.
Bus services are all but dead or so it seems. The days of taking the hound or Trailways is over.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
And like many towns in AZ the town is spread out and add to that the hills we have within town which would make commuting to and front work any distance for the young only.
And we are at some 5400" elevation average so if you are not used to that breathing could be a little tough for a little while.
Bus services are all but dead or so it seems. The days of taking the hound or Trailways is over.
Tip o' the hat for answering my original question. The job is moot now, I did have a place to move to and was planning to get around on a Trek bike.

Thanks for all who have eyes of the obvious.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,867,140 times
Quote:
Tip o' the hat for answering my original question. The job is moot now, I did have a place to move to and was planning to get around on a Trek bike.
What happened? Did they give the job to someone else?

One thing I would NOT do is travel on foot or bike on either Highway 89 or 69. That is a DEATH WISH. Bikes are OK for side streets but if you have to get from one side of town to the other, sometimes Highway 69 or 89 is your only possible route.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,691,225 times
Sure. as long as your commute does not involve going up one of the steeper hills in town.
Like I said, for the young at heart.
Sorry to see you did not get the job.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Sure. as long as your commute does not involve going up one of the steeper hills in town.
Like I said, for the young at heart.
Sorry to see you did not get the job.
It's the breaks in this job market. The job site was about a mile away with a Fry's and some major shops in the area. Would've worked beautifully.

Thumbs up again for the assist.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 PM

240 posts, read 419,822 times
Quote:

There have shuttle vans that can take you from Prescott to Phoenix. But Greyhound doesn't have a station in Prescott.

When I used to take the bus, I had to go all the way to Phoenix to get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott