Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 01:58 PM

82 posts, read 246,302 times

Advertisements

Well I'm going out on the limb here. But this is my $.02. Early this last week I ask for suggestions on events, in the Prescott area. Where to find a list of places to take the family. I want to thank those who chimed in.
This is something I wanted to follow up on since the weekend has passed.
I remember reading in the Courier a few months pass how the town was looking for suggestions on bringing the town square back into focus. I feel all the business (restaurant) owners around the square should think about changing there hours. Some of the signs that read open at 11:00 am were still closed at 11:30. people were waiting outside with no place to sit or get out of the sun. The town of Prescott was built on a frontier atmosphere beginning! Not an L.A. or New york enviroment. That means to me 7:00 AM is breakfest and 11:30 brunch. These same people were begining to walk away with there business? Then you have the Biker groups who were blocking the side walks with there cluter.
I walked accross the street. (Town Square) The city of prescott Az. missed another opportunity. Every weekend there should be some type of entertainment. Somethings needs to be going on. Music, vine tasting , Bar-B-que. etcs. even if the town it self has to bring the old town square back to life. Do it.
I took a walk up to the Pioneers Home and walked in to there dinning rm.
There were alot of fathers and some mothers too. This was fathers Day. These people would have enjoyed some company to visit with them. Don't forget we will be there to someday.
Not to say the weekend was a complete wash. there was the car show. Maybe they could made a pass or two around the square. This would have been intertaining. Oh yes I did find the locals enjoying the nice weather at the lake (Lynx ) $.02

Last edited by Dan Mcconnell; 06-21-2011 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
If I remember right the city park/courthouse is limited to how many weekends they can have things going, I think it's 22 a year by ordinance or law locally and they are pretty well scheduled in advance. I read that somewhere.
As far as the businesses not opening early I guess that's on them. The city has no control over the business owners of course. I agree that if I had that location I would want to make money while the people were there and ready to spend it in the business.
And I know the city park/courthouse is popular but it's not everything in town for sure. There does not seem to be one place that you can find all the information but I found out there was a classic car show at the middle school that I did not know about. If found that out on the radio while driving.
There are many events throughout the city or so it seems and they are at times hard to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: