Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:03 AM

404 posts, read 758,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianahi View Post
Thank you very much! How about customer service/hotel/restaurant jobs? Pretty scarce too? Why do you say "possibly"?
You're very welcome. I qualify it "possibly" because I'm not looking for employment in that sector, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to find a job.

The customer service/hotel/restaurant industry is probably the largest sector employer in Yavapai County, so if you're looking for a job in Prescott, customer service/hotel/restaurant (collectively hospitality and retail) is the most likely area to have frequent openings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 38,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like-2-hike View Post
You're very welcome. I qualify it "possibly" because I'm not looking for employment in that sector, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to find a job.

The customer service/hotel/restaurant industry is probably the largest sector employer in Yavapai County, so if you're looking for a job in Prescott, customer service/hotel/restaurant (collectively hospitality and retail) is the most likely area to have frequent openings.
That's what I was thinking People are traveling all the time and they must eat! lol Thank you again for your feedback.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 12,760 times
Can someone please tell me if it snows in Prescott. I'm thinking of moving but after these terrible storms in Georgia I don't want snow and ice.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:32 PM

174 posts, read 394,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teahdora View Post
Can someone please tell me if it snows in Prescott. I'm thinking of moving but after these terrible storms in Georgia I don't want snow and ice.
Yes it does snow in Prescott, I always tell people you have to shovel your driveway about once a year. All other times it snows the snow is gone by noon the following day.

-Trent

Old 02-13-2014, 02:20 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,519,385 times
Quite often, the snow is gone by noon on the same day, as well.

I would suggest that anyone interested in the weather in Prescott look at the courier web site.

They have a clickie to see the actual pages, one by one.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM

59 posts, read 138,769 times
When we were looking at homes in Prescott Valley a neighbor told us he shovels snow every time it snows. One day another neighbor reminded him that he doesn't need to shovel because it just melts by the afternoon. He stated he does it because he puts the snow from his driveway on his plants to provide extra water for them. I thought that was kind of clever

Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM

42 posts, read 93,893 times
Being from Minnesota, where the worst we have to deal with are mosquitoes....if I moved there just how much would I have to concern myself with trying to avoid being bitten by a poisonous spider or snake?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:04 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,878,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWantsToTransplant View Post
Being from Minnesota, where the worst we have to deal with are mosquitoes....if I moved there just how much would I have to concern myself with trying to avoid being bitten by a poisonous spider or snake?
You have little chance of being bitten by either a mosquito, a poisonous spider, or a snake. Of the three, I have been bitten by a mosquito about once or twice per year, if that. I'm guessing that there are at least as many poisonous spiders in MN as there are here, and probably just as many poisonous snakes - timber rattlesnakes and massasauga snakes. I've personally seen two or three rattlesnakes while out hiking here - none of which were going to bite me.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:15 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,519,385 times
It all depends on where you are and what you do.

Stay in town, away from wild land, and you will be less bothered.

There are far more rattlers here than in MN, and they are nastier than the MN timber rattlers, by far. Always carry a bright flashlight at night, and watch where you step in the wild or near the wild. BTW, rattlers are looking for rodents, so controlling rodents goes a long way toward limiting rattlers.

I kill several black widows a week, and have been bitten by a recluse once. It was partially my fault, for handling firewood without long sleeves and long cuff gloves. Widows like to be in corners of buildings or closets. And don't believe that old saw about widows being primarily in old wood buildings. I kill a lot in my steel shed and garage. And my plastered water heater closet, with an outside door.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,878,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
It all depends on where you are and what you do.

Stay in town, away from wild land, and you will be less bothered.
Wretched, you are out in the sticks right? I've rarely seen black widows. When I do, they are usually by someone's garage door eye sensor or in their water meter box or in some other cramped space. Sometimes I'll see tarantulas after a hard rain, but they are fairly rare and fairly harmless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott