Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times

Advertisements

For a general hospital it's Yavapai Yavapai Regional Medical Center
I think they also have one in Prescott Valley they own.
There is a campus next to the hospital that is separate that I had outpatient surgery done a couple of times that is good too. I don't know who owns that facility but I got the impression it is not part of the hospital.
And if you qualify for VA they have a fairly large facility here too. Northern Arizona VA Health Care System Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 PM

81 posts, read 439,964 times
Default Air ambulance service

I currently live on an island where you have to be flown off for any emergencies, esp of after 7 when the ferry stops running. After paying 15K for a chopper bill, I discovered that there was insurance I could buy, through the medevac company that is fairly cheap (I think it is about $400 for a family)

Does anyone know who is the chopper service down there that would handle medevacs out of Prescott and Prescott Valley (haven't totally decided where I might move to) ?

Anyone know if that type insurance is available there? If so how to contact them to find out yearly rates?

I found out after paying one chopper bill like that I'd much rather pay $400 a year, esp since I have heart problems and that is all people need to hear when you have chest pain (which turned out to be a strained muscle)...they don't take any chances, here you are on the chopper in 15 minutes

Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,868,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldgrdnr View Post

Does anyone know who is the chopper service down there that would handle medevacs out of Prescott and Prescott Valley (haven't totally decided where I might move to) ?

Anyone know if that type insurance is available there? If so how to contact them to find out yearly rates?
One would have to call the hospital and find out. They do offer insurance, that is for sure, it is a billion dollar a year industry (helicopter/medivac insurance that is).

Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldgrdnr View Post
I have heart problems and that is all people need to hear when you have chest pain they don't take any chances, here you are on the chopper in 15 minutes
Either they don't take chances or there is some sort of incentive.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,909 times
Default Primary Medical Care

Folks,

My wife and I are contemplating a move to Prescott. I would like to know the availability of primary care
docs in Prescott.

Thanks

cmsjr

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsjr View Post
Folks,

My wife and I are contemplating a move to Prescott. I would like to know the availability of primary care
docs in Prescott.

Thanks

cmsjr
I would suggest you call doctor's offices and see if they are taking patients. We did a lot of research to select a doctor who met the criteria that we were looking for. She had no problem accepting new patients.

We did a lot of online research for each potential doctor. There are lots of sites that tell you where they went to school, what specialties they focused on, what experiences other people have had with them, etc.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM

24 posts, read 80,705 times
I have lived in the area for 5 months. It is difficult to find a doctor that meets your specifications as there is hardly any information on them. I can research contractors, plumbers, etc. but, I can't find pertinent information on medical professionals. You almost have to rely on word of mouth which is ok if you are from the area and know people.

As to the online research, most if it is not much good and most sites want you to pay a fee to get any decent information. I recently traveled back to the midwest to get a surgical procedure on my back as I could not find a qualified surgeon in this area to do it.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 AM

6 posts, read 27,203 times
Hi Townand country girl,

I'm looking to move to Prescott. Did you move there?

If so how is the medical? I'm in MN and the medical is excellent
but I can't deal with the cold.

Hoping to move there in the fall.

Harriet

Old 05-04-2013, 09:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
HarrietS,

The medical here in my own opinion is mediocre at best. If you want good medical compared to cities like Rochester, MN, live in Phoenix, you won't find it here in Prescott but with that said, Prescott is two hour drive, not far. I get excellent care with my Nurse Practitioner and I have a excellent Orthopedic Doctor and Digestive Doctor, I am satisfied with them thus far. If one has Alzheimer's in the Prescott area, move to Phoenix. Geriatric care here in this area is not the best. Hospital is so-so. Had a bad experience last year at hospital, so bad that I refused to pay the bill and I told the hospital I would get a attorney and fight it and so they wrote it off after 8 months fighting them.

VA Hospital in Prescott stinks.

It just depends on your condition.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,214 times
I moved here from Boulder, Colorado and find the medical care fair. I am on Medicare and had difficulty finding a physician. The first four I tried said they only take Medicare patients that were their patients BEFORE they moved to Medicare. In addition, the two hospitals in the area are under the same management group so the quality created by competition does not exist. I spent six hours in one of the ERs waiting for help and the doctor finally came by and asked what the ER doctors in Boulder had done for me when I hemorrhaged! He was quite clueless. I have had a few tests done in the area and found the staff to be professional and competent. If I had something very serious happen I'd want to head to Phoenix. As I said, overall, the care is fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott