Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 AM

20 posts, read 33,128 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to flatbed a non-running vehicle in the Prescott Valley area a distance of less than 10 miles. I know that some tow truck co.'s can be shady and charge extra. I'd like to find a co. which I can have tow my vehicle that is trustworthy and won't try to rip me off on charges (seems brokers sometimes do that).

So with that, are there some co.'s you all can steer me toward, or even away from? Anyone have any particularly good/outstanding experiences with any tow co.'s and or drivers?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can offer me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,519,063 times
Do you or any of your friends/neighbors belong to Triple A? A business has to be honest to be on their recommended list. Quality Collision in PV has done some excellent work for me and friends, so I would trust them to have a good recommendation.

An ad on Craigslist might yield a private party with a two axle trailer with a winch or a come-along who would like to make a few dollars. Trailers abound in Yavapai county.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 PM

20 posts, read 33,128 times
^Hey thank you for your thoughts and tips. I used Chino Valley Towing based on their reviews on YP. They were great, and I would recommend them to anyone reading this if you need a tow!

Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 AM

7,453 posts, read 4,270,171 times
I used American Towing off of Iron Springs Road in Prescott when I moved out here. I had 3 antique cars and a truck, which had to be brought to my location by flatbed since the tractor trailer couldn't give me door to door service. They were all "Car People" and were a pleasure to do business with, friendly, on time and were very careful with my vehicles. I see them at car shows in the area and consider them as friends. Good people, every one of them.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:59 PM

American Towing seems to have angered at least one guy:

Customer Reviews for American Towing Of Prescott - BBB serving Central, Northern and Western Arizona

The same information is on Google. The guy sounds really unhappy.

Since I own a flatbed trailer, I do my own towing, so have no specific examples to cite.

However, I also belong to the AAA, so would not use a tow service that they did not recommend or send. I have some experience with how well they monitor their recommended service people. In one case, I know that they play a straight game with AAA clients, but will cheat or overcharge a non AAA member. One shop shafted my wife, and offered me a complete refund if I would not file a complaint with the AAA. Shortly thereafter, they were off the AAA list, but still displayed the AAA seal on their trucks and signs. I notified the AAA, with pictures, and soon that was taken care of.

These experiences are with ACSC, so don't know how well the AZ AAA polices these people, but I would like to think it is similar.

Does anyone here have any experiences with the AZ AAA to share?

I also pay for towing service on all my vehicle insurance. It is worth a little more to me to avoid being ripped off or even taken to a place not of my choosing, as with some of the horror stories out there.

Last edited by wretched wrench; 03-01-2014 at 04:10 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 PM

wretched wrench:
I'm sure every business at one time or another had a bad experience with a customer. Before I had to have my vehicles transported across country, I had to arrange to have them delivered to a place that could then flatbed them to my home. I called several in this area and chose them because they seemed most receptive to my needs. The semi arrived late in the day, and the people at American Towing made sure that they were available at that time. They asked if it was okay if they could deliver them the next morning. I agreed, so they emptied out their building and kept my vehicles inside. I was not charged for overnight storage and they only charged me $50 per vehicle to flatbed each one to my house. As the vehicles were unloaded from the trailer they inspected each one for any damage and also inspected them after they were delivered to my home. They were there for me when they said they would be, and all delivery's were made on time and without incident. The grand total for all 4 vehicles was $200. While in New York the cost to flatbed just one of those vehicles was $135. So you bet I was happy. They certainly could have taken advantage of me because I was new to the area, and didn't know me from the man on the moon. The whole process of waiting to unload the vehicles from the trailer, inspecting them for damage before and after delivery and move their vehicles out of their building to accommodate mine and deliver them to my home must have taken at least 5 hours. I can only speak from my own personal experience with them, and it has been good.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 PM

Sounds like you should put your good experience on the web to counterbalance the angry guy.

Sometimes, with tow outfits, the driver pads things a little to give himself a little extra. That could be what Angry Man experienced. Again they seem less likely to do that if they have a contract with AAA or insurance companies.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 AM

wretched wrench:
The towing business is a dangerous occupation, who knows what the circumstances were with regards to the "angry guy" and any potential difficulties they might have had while towing or retrieving his vehicle. It sure isn't a business that I would want to be in, woken up in the middle of the night, being out in all sorts of weather, dealing with speeding vehicles on the highway while trying to recover a vehicle especially ones that are in precarious positions. And yes, as with any business there are crooks out there and some have disgruntled employees wanting to give the business a bad name. Who knows? But you have given people sound advise when it comes to choosing a towing company.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:22 PM

174 posts, read 394,596 times
Not sure if you have already tried to get it moved from someone.

I would recommend L&T Freight in P.V. Loren is a good guy and pretty straight forward, I don't know if he has minimum distances he will transport, but he is straight forward and would tell you whether or not he would be willing and whether or not it would be cost efficient. His location is on 2nd street over near the exit of the "Valley of the Lights" during Christmas.

-Trent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott