Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:10 PM

823 posts, read 3,688,935 times

Advertisements

Razzel,

What is the weather like in chino Valley with regards to summer highs, winter lows and snow amounts and the winds? Do you know if it's a bad place for allergy sufferers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 PM

24 posts, read 104,997 times
Default Windy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm View Post
Razzel,

What is the weather like in chino Valley with regards to summer highs, winter lows and snow amounts and the winds? Do you know if it's a bad place for allergy sufferers?
I grew up in Chino Valley and it gets VERY windy there. The wind is horrible because it just seems to get under your skin no matter how many layers you have on. The monsoon season is great though. You can't beat the smell of rain in a desert region.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
Thumbs up Chino is unique

I've lived in Chino Valley for 22 years. When I moved there I was the lone home owner in my area with nothing but sage brush and junipers around me, now it is mainly developed but it is unique because so much of Chino has been kept rural...homes are mainly on acre parcels. I can remember driving the 23 miles to work in Prescott each morning and not seeing another car on the road...now it is gridlock, but that's juat part of the enormous growth. It was inevitable. There are some housing tracts going in now, which I hate to see, but even so the lots are large...not the postage-stamp sized lots of Prescott Valley. You can live in Chino Valley and not be able to look into your neighbor's windows.

It's true that there isn't a lot to do there if a person needs to be entertained, but it's GREAT for horse back riding and other outdoor sports. There is a nice Community Center park and public pool for summer time and always some sort of event going on there. It is a small, rural, western town and most of what goes on there tends to lean towards horses, hiking, BBQ's etc. If one is looking for nightlife, movie theaters, bowling allies and video parlors, then Chino is not for them. But it's only a brief drive to Prescott or Prescott Valley if you are thirsting for entertainment.

It is only "cold" during a couple of winter months and generally not cold during the days, with this year having been an exception as it was everywhere. We had a cold winter...rain/snow is always welcomed, though...we need every drop/flake and folks should never complain about moisture in any form. Chino does have four season, though, unlike the valley of Phoenix, Tucson, etc where oit goes from warm to hot to furnace to hot to warm and back again.

The Safeway is clean, large and somewhat over-priced, but Safeway Stores always are. This is because they are always the first grocery chain to go into any area and they glean their income from people who have no other choices. Eventually some other chain store will come into that area and help level out the problem...meanwhile, most of us do our major shopping when we are in Prescott. I avoid Safeway on Friday afternoons and evenings because there is a large population of "immigrants" (legal or otherwise)in the area. Most work out at the quarries outside of town and you don't see them all that much on a day-to-day basis, no more so than any other area of Arizona, but on the weekends they do their shopping and you will be overrun with shopping carts full of beans, tortillas and "cerveza". I will not expound on my political feelings regarding this...the problem is everywhere in this state.

I feel Chino Valley is a nice area for young families, much more relaxed and scenic and uncluttered than PV, which is wall-to-wall tract homes and strip malls. If you like quiet, have animals or livestock, and can entertain yourself without a nightclub or a bowling alley, Chino will make a very nice place to live.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
Well said!!!!!!!

Totally agree!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM

167 posts, read 453,383 times
Default I miss Chino Valley.

I loved living in Chino Valley for 3 years. It is a wonderful community. The Safeway is clean and prices are not much more than any other grocery store.

Chino Valley has the two best Mexican Restaurants you ever want to eat in.

I loved the scenery and small town atmosphere.

Just my opinion. I found the people, who were like that one poster, who lived in Chino Valley for a number of years, that remembered the old days, all their kids grew up together, etc..they were exceptionally not friendly. They had the same atitude towards newcomers.

I live in Havasu and it is as windy here if not more than Chino Valley.

Chino Valley is one of the best towns to live in of all of Arizona. Best scenery, weather and people.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 AM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasulady View Post
I loved living in Chino Valley for 3 years. It is a wonderful community. The Safeway is clean and prices are not much more than any other grocery store.

Chino Valley has the two best Mexican Restaurants you ever want to eat in.

I loved the scenery and small town atmosphere.

Just my opinion. I found the people, who were like that one poster, who lived in Chino Valley for a number of years, that remembered the old days, all their kids grew up together, etc..they were exceptionally not friendly. They had the same atitude towards newcomers.

I live in Havasu and it is as windy here if not more than Chino Valley.

Chino Valley is one of the best towns to live in of all of Arizona. Best scenery, weather and people.
Great to hear. Thank you

Old 08-28-2008, 05:59 PM

216 posts, read 698,305 times
i didn't think i would like chino valley, but i do. i've lived here for just a couple months, peeps are nice, its nice to drive from 'hectic' prescott to rural chino valley. i hope the city keeps it rural.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM

78 posts, read 131,978 times
Is it windy all the time in Chino? What is the average wind speed? Are there lots of nice houses? We were looking at property at Haystack rances. We've never been there - is it a nice area?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 AM

321 posts, read 838,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderfjp View Post
Is it windy all the time in Chino? What is the average wind speed? Are there lots of nice houses? We were looking at property at Haystack rances. We've never been there - is it a nice area?
http://www.city-data.com/city/Chino-Valley-Arizona.html

Old 12-31-2008, 11:55 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,321,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderfjp View Post
Since Chino Valley is in a valley , it does get windier than Prescott, especially during the spring (our windiest, driest time of the year around here). I guess the wind would be relative to wherever you live now. I moved to the area from Nebraska, and it's nothing like that wind.

Haystack Ranches is a very nice area of newer homes. However many are impacted by a floodplain that runs through that area, so you may be required to have Flood Ins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott