Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:30 AM

20 posts, read 33,509 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering. Where would I even find current information to answer my question?

Also if it is, does anyone have recommendations for a filter or something to filter that crap out?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 12:03 PM

136 posts, read 261,403 times
If you search My Water's Fluoride, a site from the CDC, it will tell you state by state and county by county what water systems add fluoride. It appears the water in Prescott Valley does not receive added fluoride but, contains a natural amount of fluoride in it. Rest easy or run for the hills. Your choice. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:11 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
the threat of fluoride was thoroughly discredited decades ago....

Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 PM

250 posts, read 1,118,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
the threat of fluoride was thoroughly discredited decades ago....

Mild forms of Fluorosis are very common The CDC and ADA have changed their stance on infants/children's intake of fluoride to no younger that 2 years old. Aside from any physical threat fluoride may present, there is the ethical issue of forced medication by the state.

Fluoride and Infant Formula: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - American Dental Association - ADA.org
Dental Fluorosis - Safety - Community Water Fluoridation - Oral Health

Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
Aside from any physical threat fluoride may present, there is the ethical issue of forced medication by the state.

Yeah, that's a biggie. Some water has fluoride put into it without notice, just to avoid the uproar that would result if it were known.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM

551 posts, read 1,589,917 times
If you move to the desert, and you use well water, expect to find all kinds of naturally occurring minerals including fluoride. You may even find arsenic in your water. If you don't want naturally fluoridated water, I would suggest finding some place else to live.

BTW fluoridated water was done to promote strong teeth in children. By law the use of fluoride is regulated to help prevent getting too much of this needed mineral.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,974,399 times
I guess it is what you believe. Many people trust whatever the government tells them, and labels anyone who doesn't a conspiracy theorist and post little pictures like the above ridiculing them. Kind of the like conspiracy theorist telling us the government has been spying on them for years, the same statist types that post the cutsey little picture above I'm sure would have SWORN that the spying claims were not true, and if true it was for our own good without question...Oh yeah, recent Harvard study says fluoride bad, harvard fluoride study - Google Search and this study isn't the only one. You also don't have to move, you just have to filter the fluoride. Me I don't worry about it too much because most of the fruits and vegetables are watered with fluoridated water and I bet it concentrates. Fluoride is in a lot and very hard to avoid. I'd worry more about kids exposure than adults. Just always remember: Don't question, just be happy!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpt6 View Post
does anyone have recommendations for a filter or something to filter that crap out?

Thank you!
All of our drinking water goes through a Berkey filter, for several reasons. It makes the water so pure that even melted ice cubes in a drink do not make that unpleasant taste.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,083,401 times
I think my Alcoa stock just went up another tick.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:14 PM

250 posts, read 1,118,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
All of our drinking water goes through a Berkey filter, for several reasons. It makes the water so pure that even melted ice cubes in a drink do not make that unpleasant taste.
I've heard good things about the Berkey systems, but boy are they are pricey! And the replacement filters.... fuhgeddaboudit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott