Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 01:25 PM

11 posts, read 14,329 times

Advertisements

At about 4:30PM Sat Nov 15th our family dog; a beautiful tri-color 3.25 year old pure bred Jack Russel got out and followed our other dog (see pictures) to Navajo Drive on the uphill side near Navajo Court. We think she was trying to get back home when she was hit and killed by someone coming up the hill from Lakeshore going towards 69. This occurred maybe 50ft from Navajo Court on Navajo Drive.
We know this was an accident but if the person who hit our dog would please contact us and tell us what happened. It would help us with the Hell we are going through right now and so we would very much appreciate it. She was a very important part of our family. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
WANTED: Hit and RUN driver in Prescott Valley-dsc04742.jpg   WANTED: Hit and RUN driver in Prescott Valley-dsc05499.jpg   WANTED: Hit and RUN driver in Prescott Valley-2014-10-25-09.48.27.jpg  

Old 11-18-2014, 02:10 PM

266 posts, read 279,469 times
I understand your pain and am so sorry for your loss.
I hope the driver steps up and does the right thing.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:38 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,413,008 times
Buy a leash...
I hate it when again a dog or cat runs on the road right under my semi. It ain't the dogs fault, neither the driver. It is the owner.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:54 PM

404 posts, read 759,023 times
FM3001 - I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you find the closure that you need and are able to enjoy the company of your family (including your other four-legged friend) at this difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Buy a leash...
I hate it when again a dog or cat runs on the road right under my semi. It ain't the dogs fault, neither the driver. It is the owner.
You may very well be correct, but this really isn't the time or place to espouse on the virtues of a leash. Someone lost a dog who was clearly an important part of their family. Even a careful owner can be outmaneuvered by a crafty four-legged companion. I leash mine for our daily walks and keep her in a fenced yard - but if given any opportunity, she'll escape to explore the area and think my chasing after her is simply a game.

I live on a (too) busy street with very poor visibility and drivers who think the road is a giant race track - not a residential neighborhood. I have all the sympathy in the world for other dog owners who deal with similar circumstances. Regardless of fault, I can't imagine how someone could hit a dog and not 1) attempt to render aid or 2) immediately contact the owner. Makes you wonder what they would do if they hit a child (or any person). Society sucks sometimes.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:12 PM

250 posts, read 1,115,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like-2-hike View Post
You may very well be correct, but this really isn't the time or place to espouse on the virtues of a leash.
I would argue that if you're going to air out this kind of laundry on a public internet forum, then you should expect this kind of response... and rightly so. If you're going to place an ad, then do so in a local classified. The OP wants to find the driver so they can "ask what happened".... really? Unless this dog was hit on their property by a crazed driver high on crack, then I think it's safe to assume it's the owners fault for not securing their pet. I'm aware dogs have a mind of their own and can be unpredictable, this is why people need to take precautions to make sure that their yard/property is secure for their dogs. It's called personal responsibility and it's a shame more folks don't have it. Some life lessons are harsher than others and this is one of them. I hope the OP learns from this and takes some steps to secure their property for future pets, rather than trying to pass the blame onto the driver.

To the OP: I hope this doesn't come across too harsh and I am sorry for the loss of your dog... but... c'mon.

Last edited by inderocker; 11-19-2014 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 08:47 PM

11 posts, read 14,329 times
Default Secure yard

1) We do have a secure yard and they were in it (but they live in the house).
2) We were watching our daughters golden retriever (see original pictures).
3) Our very fast Jack Russell has gotton out before but she does not go running for the road. Instead she meanders around our end of the street (we are at the end of a Cul-De-Sac) and sometimes would just turn right around and scratch at the the front or garage door by herself to come back in.
4) We did not know that the normally observed slow Golden Retriever would bolt for the road if she ever got out.

No. Three things happened that led to her death. If any one of them did not happen we wouldn't be talking.
1) Our back gate was not latched all the way although it was closed from our perspective (and we check regularly). It must have opened a little, they saw it, and got out.
2) The retriever took off for the road and our Jack Russell who adored her ran after.
3) My daughter saw them go and we went right out front. We wasted precious seconds looking in the normal places before deciding to get in vehicles and go after them. If I had just kept running to the end of the road I would have seen what was going on, got control, and stopped vehicles if I had too until I cornered our baby (who would usually give up by then anyway). It all happened inside of a minute and I had to bury our little Girl Sunday because of it.

They were always leashed away from the house. So don't start bashing people when you don't know all the facts!

Old 11-21-2014, 11:00 PM

250 posts, read 1,115,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM3001 View Post
They were always leashed away from the house. So don't start bashing people when you don't know all the facts!
Bashing? Really? You can call it what you want, I'm just calling it as I see it., Also, your "facts" support my "bashing" anyway. An open gate is not a secured area for a dog. Again, I'm sorry the loss of your dog, but you really need to accept responsibility for your mistake.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:43 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,206,051 times
I am very sorry for your loss, but it is not very likely that the person who hit your dog, or someone who knows that person and knows what happened will come on this forum and read this thread. And, as you can see, the thread has turned into a discussion of other issues involved in what happened. As someone else suggested, using more localized media sources would likely work better, though I strongly suspect you will never find out what you want to know. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott