U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this Theme Park will bring growth to the Prescott area?
yes 10 27.03%
no 27 72.97%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 12:24 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,496,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Hauling water for the Theme Park there would be a 24 hr caravan of delivery trucks to supply the would be 1000's of visitors daily. Drilling several wells for a commercial venture to supply 1000's of visitors daily would be prohibitive, in the $300,000-$500,000+ range. And the water commission would require a 100 year guarantee. Not appropriate or cost effective.
Could Williams wells tap out water supply?

Your 3-500000 estimate is a little shy of the mark 1.5 million would be the correct answer
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 08:47 PM

2,307 posts, read 4,038,335 times
I do not believe this will get off the ground either. Having land in Valle I can tell you the weather is too cold to support a year around theme park from october to april especially. Our land is 30 miles from Grand Canyon yet my property value and tax assessment keeps going down. How a theme park will improve property values of Valle and Ash Fork is ludicrous. The GC hasn't had any impact so why would a theme park ?

Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 AM

401 posts, read 491,398 times
Any news about the park? Is it on schedule?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 AM

10,720 posts, read 18,504,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Nothing says sustainable business idea like building in an area where we would need to have water hailed via truck to it

Eloy made much more sense than this. I have a hard time believing it's a heat issue(legend city, castles n coasters) Texas has a six flags and need I mention Florida.

Almost the entire state of AZs population lives between Phoenix and Tucson and for most of us it would take just as long to get to Magic Mountain. And I won't have to fight water haulers on my way there.
It's not about heat. I live in Florida. I went to Orlando in June, July and August and it felt just as hot as Phoenix when you account for high humidity. And the park was packed. Kids are much more resilient than adults and can stand anything; also parents will endure the heat just to occupy their kids. I was so surprised with the Disney parks how packed they were despite the heat. The reality is school is out in the summer and those kids need something to do. So I'm not worried that people won't show up if a new theme park is built here. There is about 3 million more people here than when Legend City was around so there are a lot more people to draw from so it will be be busy. And the Orlando parks don't do a great job of providing shade and water access. In Arizona, they would build more shaded structures particularly in lines and have more misters and other water access.

The real issue is the cost. They were going to build a theme park in Eloy. Then the recession took place and that idea was scrapped. It was called Decades Music Theme park like basically a Hard Rock Cafe-type theme park.

It's much more expensive to build a park today than it was in the 1960's and 1970's when most of them were built. And until the economy is rock solid here, investors are not going to touch this place. But yeah this Williams park just sounds so far fetched, I am not taking it seriously

Old 10-01-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's not about heat. I live in Florida. I went to Orlando in June, July and August and it felt just as hot as Phoenix when you account for high humidity. And the park was packed. Kids are much more resilient than adults and can stand anything; also parents will endure the heat just to occupy their kids. I was so surprised with the Disney parks how packed they were despite the heat. The reality is school is out in the summer and those kids need something to do. So I'm not worried that people won't show up if a new theme park is built here. There is about 3 million more people here than when Legend City was around so there are a lot more people to draw from so it will be be busy. And the Orlando parks don't do a great job of providing shade and water access. In Arizona, they would build more shaded structures particularly in lines and have more misters and other water access.

The real issue is the cost. They were going to build a theme park in Eloy. Then the recession took place and that idea was scrapped. It was called Decades Music Theme park like basically a Hard Rock Cafe-type theme park.

It's much more expensive to build a park today than it was in the 1960's and 1970's when most of them were built. And until the economy is rock solid here, investors are not going to touch this place. But yeah this Williams park just sounds so far fetched, I am not taking it seriously
We are not talking about Disney World. They are not building a Disney World in Williams, nor in Phoenix. Florida has 20M people, Arizona has 6M. Disney is not that stupid to spend billions to build another amusement park at Phoenix only to dilute the market of LA Disney Land.

We are talking about something the scale of six flags, and the idea is to attract the tourist traffic to Grand Canyon. As spectacular as it is, the Grand Canyon doesn't offer a lot of activities. For most tourists half day is enough for Grand Canyon National Park. An amusement park will compliment the Grand Canyon. Grand Canyon attracts tourists and the park keeps them longer and that's the business model.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:48 PM

Default What happened to Williams Theme Park?

Haven't heard of it for a while. Is it dead?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:25 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,496,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
Haven't heard of it for a while. Is it dead?
Sorry no news that is positive or negative on the Theme Park that I have been able to find.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 PM

6,638 posts, read 7,931,847 times
Hey let's build a solar heated water park in Nome Alaska! If we promote it enough it must be a good idea. Build it and they will come, right? Right?

Old 02-04-2016, 04:02 AM

Is the theme park as dead as this thread now?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:32 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,526,427 times
The thread dies...then rises again ever few months...fear the undead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott