Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this Theme Park will bring growth to the Prescott area?
yes 14 31.11%
no 31 68.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:58 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,226,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Williams and Ashfork both have water but the problem is it is deep and expensive to get to.

In my initial post I shared 4 Theme park news links and one references that 2 new wells are planned for Williams with one already under construction, also they made reference in one of the articles that they will make the developer of the Theme Park be responsible for providing water which could mean additional wells and/or water pipelines from other areas.

On a side note I believe the land in the Williams and Ashfork area will get a big lift in value from the real estate speculators considering that this will be the first major Theme park in the state.

So you think that speculators will drive up the price of land in poor areas like Kaibab Estates West north of Ash Fork where you have to haul water? Do you think the theme park will provide jobs for the people in article below or lift their property values enough to where they can buy food?

Hundreds of poor, elderly line up for free food in Kaibab Estates West
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 02:58 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times
Quote:
So you think that speculators will drive up the price of land in poor areas like Kaibab Estates West north of Ash Fork where you have to haul water? Do you think the theme park will provide jobs for the people in article below or lift their property values enough to where they can buy food?

Hundreds of poor, elderly line up for free food in Kaibab Estates West

History shows having a 500 million-1 billion dollar Theme park would surely lift the value of land surrounding it. Keep in mind this will bring other types of business to the area that will want to service the millions who will visit the Theme park, so we are not talking about only the Theme park business.
Look at all the various business that feed off of Busch Gardens and Disney tourism.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:14 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Busch Gardens and Disney are destination parks while the park at Williams would be a pass thru park for tourists on their way to Vegas or other destinations.

Kinda like a fly over state.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:52 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Busch Gardens and Disney are destination parks while the park at Williams would be a pass thru park for tourists on their way to Vegas or other destinations.

I was thinking the same thing. It might make a wee bit more sense up near Flag, off 17 from Phoenix. But Williams is no where.

Like the T-shirt I saw. "I'm from Williams, what's YOUR problem?'

Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post

The Grand Canyon is the destination after all AZ is the Grand Canyon state for a reason.

Almost 5 million visit the Grand Canyon yearly so the plan is to attract some of them to stay a little longer and spend more money here.

They would like to develop a multi day pass that allows folks to spend time at the Williams Theme park,Bearzona,perhaps the Phx Zoo, and they want to build a major attraction in the Phoenix area like a companion Theme park to attract tourists from the Grand canyon to other parts of the state.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM

472 posts, read 667,979 times
Default Theme park is finally coming to Williams.

Williams theme park plan unveiled - Williams News - Williams, Arizona

The theme park is going to be finished by 2017. If they do well, I am going to build a hotel on my land and live on rent.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
Williams theme park plan unveiled - Williams News - Williams, Arizona

The theme park is going to be finished by 2017. If they do well, I am going to build a hotel on my land and live on rent.
you can find more information on this thread

http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...k-baaaack.html

Old 02-28-2015, 12:32 AM

472 posts, read 667,979 times
Theme Park is really a good idea. The problem of Grand Canyon is that it looks pretty much the same no matter from which angle you look at it. Unless you are a serious hiker, it only takes you half day to finish the Grand Canyon National Park. A theme park will not only attract some Grand Canyon traffic, it will actually INCREASE it. who would resist the idea of riding some roller coaster on Arizona highland? It is fun! I just wish they don't set the price at $100 per pass as Disney World. That sucks!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:02 AM

3 posts, read 6,407 times
too far
http://maxpics.gq/upload/2/o.png

Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
The problem of Grand Canyon is that it looks pretty much the same no matter from which angle you look at it. Unless you are a serious hiker, it only takes you half day to finish the Grand Canyon National Park.

yeah, I hate that about the Grand Canyon, too....might as well turn it into a landfill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona