Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:01 AM

277 posts, read 429,529 times

Advertisements

I assume that Verizon or one of the subsidiaries get the best cell service but I thought I should ask first.

We are on Sprint and our phone are eligible to be unlocked and we were thinking of going with Verizon-type company.

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 08:37 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
I see you are in New River? Don't know about that area.
Prescott and Prescott Valley have pretty good overall service and Verizon has one new operation tower in the View Point area and another going to be installed in Prescott. These towers will be enhanced with new software however and an older phone may not work with them.
We got new smart phones just last fall and the enhanced feature was not even mentioned in our books so I called Verizon and they installed an update to our phones.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:38 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Yes, Verizon has the best coverage in this area. Not sure about Sprint. AT&T is terrible here.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 AM

181 posts, read 348,767 times
Default Cell Providers

I actually respectfully disagree. I have had both Sprint and Verizon and they both seem equal. There are areas where Verizon is better and Sprint has no service and vice-versa. So - one wins in some places and the other wins in other other places. I do agree that ATT and TMobile are inferior to Sprint and Verizon.

As for the VP in particular - I live in the Viewpoint and despite the new tower, I know of people still having issues with Verizon. Initially, they were told there was a fix and they just had to bring their phone into the store. But, they have done that and they are still having issues. I chose Spring when we moved to Viewpoint a few years back and have never had an issue. And - to the best of my knowledge, the Verizon tower did not help a lot of people in Pronghorn either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Yes, Verizon has the best coverage in this area. Not sure about Sprint. AT&T is terrible here.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:27 AM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
When I first moved here in 2007 I had T-Mobile and that was pretty marginal. Switched to Verizon and have never had a single problem anywhere I go.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:31 PM

277 posts, read 429,529 times
Thank you everyone.

The Prescott VA told my husband that they will not order liquid oxygen for him, so perhaps Payson is in our future. They were really really awesome when we called there today !

Cheers!

Old 06-30-2016, 10:25 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,974,399 times
During the big internet outage a year ago most cell service was taken out as well (due to calls being routed eventually over the Centurylink fiber optic cable that was cut). The only service that was still up to my knowledge during that time was Sprint.

For day to day use I use Boost Mobile pay as you go for 60 bucks a month with a data plan and it works great around Prescott, PV, and down in the Phoenix Valley area.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:29 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infocyde View Post
During the big internet outage a year ago most cell service was taken out as well (due to calls being routed eventually over the Centurylink fiber optic cable that was cut). The only service that was still up to my knowledge during that time was Sprint.
Verizon also stayed active during that outage - at least our phones were.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:58 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,974,399 times
Maybe it was Verizon that stayed up and not Sprint like I was thinking. Anyone else chime in?

Regardless hopefully that over reliance on one fiber optic cable has been addressed...but I doubt it

Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,873 times
Anyone know about AT@T coverage or Verizon in the Williamson Valley/Whispering Canyon area?
I have AT&T in Atlanta and I had no coverage at my newly purchased home in Prescott!
A loyal AT&T customer...Not happy!! Anyone know what the plan is for the area regarding cell coverage?
Thanks!!��❤️��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott