Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:37 AM

479 posts, read 801,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
The only reason why Sedona is not a hellhole is because of it's mile high elevation. If it was a sea level, it would be an oven. I still don't think your going to like Arizona. Oregon, Washington and the Shasta area of Northern California are some of the most beautiful regions in America. It's also not infested by gangs, crime, and illegals like most border states have. Also I had some friends move to Arizona and they moved back after a year. It's not even there cheap anymore. Is your decision a done deal already? What about Idaho, Southern Oregon, or Eastern Washington? You still get alot of the PNW beauty but lower cost of living.
Have you ever been to Prescott or Sedona? Gangs, real crime and illegals are essentially non-existent in this towns. Due to the higher costs of living, it will also be harder for those elements to move in and get a significant foothold as well. This elements already exist in the Northern California mecca of Redding on the other hand.

Portland and Seattle are both sanctuary cities for illegal aliens if you weren't aware. Where would you go if you were in the country illegally? Both those cities, as are many cities like Bend & Eugene, are also completely overrun by millennial whack jobs who wanted Bernie in the White House so they could have everything that isn't already free to be free.

All those places you mention are indeed beautiful and I visited many times (daughter went to college in Portland and my son went to Boise State) and would have no problem living there because I love mountain biking. That being said, they all have their negatives as well. My wife wants nothing to do with the standard rainfall totals in Oregon and all my friends in Grants Pass & Eugene are getting crushed with snow this year. So much so that the cities themselves are overwhelmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 02:03 PM

7,510 posts, read 4,350,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Have you ever been to Prescott or Sedona? Gangs, real crime and illegals are essentially non-existent in this towns. Due to the higher costs of living, it will also be harder for those elements to move in and get a significant foothold as well. This elements already exist in the Northern California mecca of Redding on the other hand.

Portland and Seattle are both sanctuary cities for illegal aliens if you weren't aware. Where would you go if you were in the country illegally? Both those cities, as are many cities like Bend & Eugene, are also completely overrun by millennial whack jobs who wanted Bernie in the White House so they could have everything that isn't already free to be free.

All those places you mention are indeed beautiful and I visited many times (daughter went to college in Portland and my son went to Boise State) and would have no problem living there because I love mountain biking. That being said, they all have their negatives as well. My wife wants nothing to do with the standard rainfall totals in Oregon and all my friends in Grants Pass & Eugene are getting crushed with snow this year. So much so that the cities themselves are overwhelmed.
Thank you! Excellent response. Evidently this individual has no idea of what they are talking about. Arizona is a great place to live.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 PM

185 posts, read 275,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post

Thank you. I didn't see any gang related issues in Prescott or Sedona area. I did see the problems were more in the Tuscon area...but that's where Obama has shipped a lot of illegals there.
Does Arizona have any sanctuary cities?
Portland IS the place to go if your an illegal immigrant or Muslim.
Funny thing is, I remember 10 years ago, there were only a handful of Lebanese food carts to eat at, and today, we have so many Halal food carts...it's crazy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lebanese food and even have some Muslim friends. I just don't mention I'm Jewish. HAhaaaa.

As for the Historic Snow storm we had...it pretty much shut down Portland a few days. Record snow and record temps. No school. No one going to work. People just leaving their cars stranded on the roads. It's like an apocalyptic movie. If only the Californians would move back to California now. Ha
Either way.....once the weather clears, we will be on our way to Arizona.
California is now flooding too however.

Now.... How to drive a 42' 5th wheel from Oregon to Arizona in the winter.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:05 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,695,586 times
We pulled our 40' triple axle 5th wheel down from Whidbey Island when we relocated to AZ from AZ state in the 1990s.
Just avoid that traffic in LA~

Old 01-15-2017, 09:59 AM

243 posts, read 298,402 times
Brian what do you know of Yavapai Hills as far as quality and livability for a subdivision in the Prescott area. Thank You Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

Last edited by YetiMan; 01-15-2017 at 10:31 AM..

Old 01-15-2017, 10:08 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking.Bigfoot View Post
Now.... How to drive a 42' 5th wheel from Oregon to Arizona in the winter.
What route are you thinking of taking?

Old 01-15-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What route are you thinking of taking?
Central Oregon i.e. HWY 97 would be the more direct route but that means going over the mountains regardless of which route you take. Most long haul truckers go over Hood as it is maintained better in the winter. That route takes you down HWY 97 into Nevada. Or you could go I-5 South into Calif. and then cut over, probably the best route if areas are getting snow. I think the key would be to monitor the storms i.e. don't travel during or soon after a snow event . Always check ahead with ODOT for driving conditions prior to leaving and continue to check ahead during the entire trip. Safe Trip. We are going to be in Prescott the end of Jan. to finalize plans with our builder for a new home. Pretty excited.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:56 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,217,430 times
Remember, in Arizona we like guns so don't get freaked out

Old 01-15-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Thanks, It was one of my priorities, another was conservative values. Not all in Oregon have lost our way.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:21 PM

7,510 posts, read 4,350,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Although you don't see it too often now that Arizona became a "Constitutional Carry" state. When I first saw someone openly carrying a handgun in a supermarket. I thought thank God I now live in a free state!

God bless the people of Arizona for keeping it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott