Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 10:42 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,185 times

Advertisements

Zillow should completely get rid of it's "Z-estimate" as I think it does their company more harm than good.

Sellers will either complain that their property is not valued high enough, or they will be disappointed when buyers don't bite at a number too high.

Buyers are almost never going to trust the estimate, they'll look at what people are offering and negotiate down anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 08:50 PM

354 posts, read 415,175 times
I live in a subdivision and one house sold at Zillow's estimate over the summer and the other house sold $18K under Zillow's estimate. As always and is the case on any thing, the worth of a car or house or anything is based on what a buyer is willing to pay. There was a house that sold in 2013 in my subdivision for $365K and this price is still the highest price house that has been sold in the subdivision where I live. I met the homeowner at a party and told her she paid a lot for the house at that time and she said she was from the Silicon Valley and the house to her was a bargain. I was a realtor for ten years in Orange County and Los Angeles County, I would always do a Property Analysis, showing the owner 3 or 4 comparable comps, price per sq ft. I always added for upgrades and pool. This one owner wanted to sell his house 15K over the comps in the area. Every Sunday I had a Open House, after six weeks there were no bites, realtors felt is was over priced but by week 8 he had a full priced offer. We were delighted and stunned. He sold his house at the highest priced in the area. It needed a drastic remodel and pool needed work.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:06 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,972,333 times
more like the value is based on what the banks will loan to the buyer, as evidenced by high appreciation during low down payment and other forms of easy credit.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM

7 posts, read 8,006 times
Default Prescott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Ummm... me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Ummm... me?

Thanks Brian.....I like your approach and education! Haven't settled on a new venue, but would love Prescott if it could be done.
Alas, we have a meager budget on SS and so our choices are limited. If there are any mobile parks in which you own your own land we would love to know more! We currently own a FAC home in such a park in Hemet, CA. and would be liquidating in order to move.
We're only prequalled for around 100k VA, so our prospects are bleak. But....if you could find such a gem in your area....and are willing to work with such a small budget....that would be great!

I'm a retired USD RE/Corp. paralegal, so you can talk turkey and it would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Wanda Carroll
lenovolady@live.com

Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,918,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollvalley View Post

Thanks Brian.....I like your approach and education! Haven't settled on a new venue, but would love Prescott if it could be done.
Alas, we have a meager budget on SS and so our choices are limited. If there are any mobile parks in which you own your own land we would love to know more! We currently own a FAC home in such a park in Hemet, CA. and would be liquidating in order to move.
We're only prequalled for around 100k VA, so our prospects are bleak. But....if you could find such a gem in your area....and are willing to work with such a small budget....that would be great!

I'm a retired USD RE/Corp. paralegal, so you can talk turkey and it would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Wanda Carroll
lenovolady@live.com
Thank you for the kind words Wanda. Unfortunately, the prospects are grim. There are a handful of manufactured home parks where you own the land, but even singlewides start around $140K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott