Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 PM

243 posts, read 298,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infocyde View Post
Well, to be fair the buffet style restaurants will generally bring in the older crowd, so I wouldn't take it as a full on sign of the grey apocalypse. And I'm sorry that I pointed out the retiree issue, as once you see it, it is hard to unsee. I didn't want to do that to you Hschlick84. PV/Prescott has many things going for it, don't be bitter like me

The local coffee shops are good places to go for mixes company (a balance of retirees and young people). Wild Iris in downtown Prescott is a good spot. Pretty much most of the coffee shops are except some in the morning are a little retiree heavy.
Thanks Infocyde, There might be hope for you youngsters yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 12:37 AM

9 posts, read 19,635 times
I have been looking at different places to move to for retirement and what I have found generally is that places I'm interested all have one problem or another. Some don't have enough Doctors, some have a housing shortage, some are too hot, some too cold, some too many people, some not enough people. Others have economic issues in that property tax are high or state incomes taxes are more than I would to pay. Some have weather issues, too much snow, not enough sun, tornadoes or hurricanes, too windy Every place has it's own issues, so it seems people, me included just need to figure out they want to deal with and move there.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:51 AM

243 posts, read 298,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by realrelics View Post
I have been looking at different places to move to for retirement and what I have found generally is that places I'm interested all have one problem or another. Some don't have enough Doctors, some have a housing shortage, some are too hot, some too cold, some too many people, some not enough people. Others have economic issues in that property tax are high or state incomes taxes are more than I would to pay. Some have weather issues, too much snow, not enough sun, tornadoes or hurricanes, too windy Every place has it's own issues, so it seems people, me included just need to figure out they want to deal with and move there.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:11 PM

185 posts, read 275,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by realrelics View Post
And..... this is why my hubby and I want to RV it when he retires. We could go anywhere. Don't have to think about housing or land tax. We can move when it gets too cold, or find snow when it's too hot.
It's going to be a long time before he retires, but in the mean time....I look forward to traveling.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:33 PM

479 posts, read 801,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking.Bigfoot View Post
And..... this is why my hubby and I want to RV it when he retires. We could go anywhere. Don't have to think about housing or land tax. We can move when it gets too cold, or find snow when it's too hot.
It's going to be a long time before he retires, but in the mean time....I look forward to traveling.
My next door neighbors did that. Eight months later they were divorced. If I was going to do something like that, I would just rent a house for a month in different locations.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM

185 posts, read 275,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
My next door neighbors did that. Eight months later they were divorced. If I was going to do something like that, I would just rent a house for a month in different locations.
Geeze...that's pretty sad. They (statistics) say your more prone to divorce if you move more than 3 times in your marriage. Well.. I've moved 26 times in 9 years with my hubby and we've even lived in a RV for a year here and there with kids and a dog....AND.... we are still happily married. I guess it all depends on the people. We both love adventure and traveling.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:23 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
It must depend on how you get along in close quarters. Before coming to Prescott, we quit our jobs, bought an RV and traveled around the country for nine months. We couldn't be more happy. It was weird when we settled down again. We were so used to doing EVERYTHING together that it was strange for one of us to go to the store without the other.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:37 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking.Bigfoot View Post

Been there and done that. It was fun while it lasted but in most areas you still need a place to stay and those places are not cheap in many cases. Plus fuel is a major expense unless you only travel once a month or so on to the next place.
We found that by the time you added the expense of the 5th wheel and truck and maintenance for both that we would have spent less on a home, then again we would not have had the travel.
Oh well, we did it and enjoyed ourselves.
Keep in mind when you want to get rid of the RV it's not very easy to get rid of either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott