Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 07:12 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
And conservatives don't do that? Uh huh. If I had a dime for every time a conservative uttered a certain word (which appears to even be banned on this forum) that begins with "lib" and ends with "tard" or some similar name-calling of liberals I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

I lived in Seattle for 25 years and never noticed anything remotely close to that.
Here in Phoenix we all of the above issues in abundance.

My drive to work is littered in mentally ill people begging for money and sleeping under overpasses.

People are constantly drowning in pools/lakes.

There is a child poverty problem and rampant issues with child abuse, including a problem with the agency responsible for dealing with child abuse itself.

Some people are living in a fantasy land if they don't see their own State is littered in problems and are blinded by the my team is better contest.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:22 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
^Absolutely correct.

And incidentally, if indeed Arizona is destined to turn blue (and I have no opinion or preference one way or another), there is nothing anyone can do about it. It is not a matter of "letting" or "not letting" Arizona turn blue, it will turn blue no matter what anyone does. About the only thing that might prevent Arizona from turning blue - if indeed it is destined to - would be a major and permanent housing price crash in California. Which probably isn't going to happen.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infocyde View Post
The people in both of those states failed ...
I would hardly call Washington and Oregon "failed" states. In fact, both states consistently rank near the top of quality of life rankings.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,048 times
Move to Oklahoma if you like "red" so much then!! It might be the reddest state out there. You have all the joys of REpublican living- low taxes, failing schools, failing roads, failing infrastructure, glut of $9 an hour jobs, poor access to healthcare, high crime, intrusive government in terms of shoving right-wing morality down your throats, few workers rights, lousy education. But that isn;t what matters- what matters is that you can obtain and carry your faux manhoods, I mean guns, much easier than in blue states-which is good because you'll need them as most police forces are underfunded and/or corrupt anyways. All those negatives are a tiny price to pay for "freedom" to be an armed, self-centered imbecile.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:35 PM

3,408 posts, read 4,628,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Move to Oklahoma if you like "red" so much then!! It might be the reddest state out there. You have all the joys of REpublican living- low taxes, failing schools, failing roads, failing infrastructure, glut of $9 an hour jobs, poor access to healthcare, high crime, intrusive government in terms of shoving right-wing morality down your throats, few workers rights, lousy education. But that isn;t what matters- what matters is that you can obtain and carry your faux manhoods, I mean guns, much easier than in blue states-which is good because you'll need them as most police forces are underfunded and/or corrupt anyways. All those negatives are a tiny price to pay for "freedom" to be an armed, self-centered imbecile.
Nope, Wyoming is most red state according to the 2016 election. Trump won by whopping 70%. That state has high paying jobs in the oil fields, and other blue collared industries. Their infrastructure is good, no state income tax and housing is cheaper than some other places. Lastly, it's a Constitutional Carry state for firearms.

Wyoming Election Results 2016: Dates, Analysis, Schedule, Overview, Complete Updates - POLITICO

Last edited by Hschlick84; 04-29-2017 at 09:26 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 12:10 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You have all the joys of REpublican living- failing schools, failing roads, failing infrastructure, poor access to healthcare, high crime, intrusive government
You have described many blue states, especially California. That state has terrible schools (thanks to the illegals). Their infrastructure is falling apart (lots of their infrastructure is outdated, even more than a half-century old). Illegals have multiple anchor babies while they can't afford the hospital bill, which leads to hospitals shutting down. Many cities in California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Stockton, Compton, Watts, etc...) either has high/increasing crime and/or poverty and homeless. Some blue states (California, Nevada) have already took away people's right to own a firearm of their choice.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:56 AM

7,501 posts, read 4,348,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
gee, where are the mods?......this belongs in the Politics and Other Controversies subforum......let's get back to talking about bad areas of town and where to eat breakfast!
Maybe it does, but that's not the subject of this thread: "Don't Allow Arizona To Turn BLUE!" Obviously it's going to be a political discussion.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM

I hope you don't seriously think I couldn't find all of the exact same kind of stuff in any random red state, including your own.

I notice you didn't respond to my actual comment about higher quality of life measures in Washington and Oregon compared to Arizona (and most other red states). Of course that's because you have no way to respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'wet View Post
Two opposing groups march in place of 82nd Avenue of Roses Parad - KPTV - FOX 12

Opposing protests march down 82nd Avenue in fits, starts and shouts | OregonLive.com

Thousands gather in SW Portland for People's Climate Movement March | KOMO

Thousands protest Trump's environmental policies in downtown Seattle | KOMO

16-year-old sex trafficking victim rescued, two men arrested in Ore. | KOMO

Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter in Port Orchard | KOMO

Proposed legal injection sites in Seattle raise questions; supporters and skeptics react | KOMO

'The state should step up to the plate': Schools still await funding for lead testing | KOMO

Elevated levels of lead found in Battle Ground schools - KPTV - FOX 12

Extremely elevated levels of lead found at Grant High School - KPTV - FOX 12

Report reveals PPS may have known about lead in water, but didn - KPTV - FOX 12

PPS says high levels of radon found in six schools - KPTV - FOX 12

PPS: Schools operating normally amid radon testing results - KPTV - FOX 12

SE Portland soil test confirms high levels of cadmium, arsenic - KPTV - FOX 12

SOUNDS LIKE A LOVELY AREA TO RAISE A FAMILY.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:45 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'wet View Post
Or you might find yourself dealing with something like this:

Gophers vs. landowners: In Washington property rights battle, furry rodents win | Fox News

Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless | Fox News

Merely the tip, of the left leaning iceberg.
really?
the horrors of rodents and genderless issues (I always have to wonder about people that worry about other peoples gender- WHAT ya not sure of your own or what?)...

I will leave this thread now, seems kinda trivial....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott