Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 AM

330 posts, read 177,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
A lot of people go to Doce Pit to shoot. It's right off of Iron Springs Road about 10 minutes west from the intersection of Williamson Valley Road. Unfortunately many do not pick up after themselves. After awhile they'll screw it up for all the rest of us. It's bad enough that there are those who will find any excuse to prohibit people from owning guns in the first place. Why give them another reason?

Myself I like to take a drive out into the middle of nowhere where there's no one around to go shooting. I never leave anything behind except for footprints. I'll even pick up all my empty shell casings from 22's to .45's. I saw enough litter when I lived in the New York metro area. Although there's not nearly as much litter out here. Let's help keep it that way.
Thanks. I DESPISE litter and litter-bugs - especially butts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 AM

7,510 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
Thanks. I DESPISE litter and litter-bugs - especially butts.
There are people that toss their butts out the window during fire season. You gotta' wonder what's wrong with these people?

Old 08-25-2017, 12:00 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
There are people that toss their butts out the window during fire season. You gotta' wonder what's wrong with these people?
Maybe one day DNA testing will be so inexpensive that police will be able to pick up any cigarette butt, test it, and then fine the individual $500 for littering.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:29 AM

232 posts, read 398,282 times
We're house hunting in Prescott next week (from 9/2-9/9), and the majority of homes we're looking at are in Highland Pines and Groom Creek, with a couple in Walker and two out near the Potato Patch (though Potato Patch is probably farther from town than we really want to be). Three up in Highland Pines really have our interest. It's great to know that it's a close knit community. We semi-retired to Florida back in 2013, and I just haven't acclimated to the summer humidity. The dry mountain air really appeals to me.

We are avid firearms enthusiasts (I build my own), so it's good to know that there are others like us in close proximity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeela View Post
We live in Highland Pines and love it. Not only is it incredibly beautiful with breathtaking views but there is a great community here and everyone looks out for one another. We don't have a large lake nearby (more like a "pond" at Granite Basin Lake) but we do have an area for shooting. If you ever need a realtor, let me know. Our realtor was great. In fact we have used her in 3 separate transactions. Good luck in your search!

Old 08-27-2017, 07:53 AM

7,510 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
We're house hunting in Prescott next week (from 9/2-9/9), and the majority of homes we're looking at are in Highland Pines and Groom Creek, with a couple in Walker and two out near the Potato Patch (though Potato Patch is probably farther from town than we really want to be). Three up in Highland Pines really have our interest. It's great to know that it's a close knit community. We semi-retired to Florida back in 2013, and I just haven't acclimated to the summer humidity. The dry mountain air really appeals to me.

We are avid firearms enthusiasts (I build my own), so it's good to know that there are others like us in close proximity.
The weather is beautiful here year round and Arizona is one of if not thee best state for those of us that believe in the 2nd Amendment and Constitutional law. Coming from New York it has been a liberating experience to be sure.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeela View Post
We live in Highland Pines and love it. Not only is it incredibly beautiful with breathtaking views but there is a great community here and everyone looks out for one another. We don't have a large lake nearby (more like a "pond" at Granite Basin Lake) but we do have an area for shooting. If you ever need a realtor, let me know. Our realtor was great. In fact we have used her in 3 separate transactions. Good luck in your search!
How do people heat their homes in these areas?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
How do people heat their homes in these areas?
Most typically with forced gas (propane). Occasionally with forced electric or baseboard. Some properties also have wood stoves.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Most typically with forced gas (propane). Occasionally with forced electric or baseboard. Some properties also have wood stoves.
How common are wood stoves?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
How common are wood stoves?
Maybe 15-25% have wood stoves. It would be very rare for a wood stove to be the only heat source. They are mostly used as an auxiliary heat source or for ambiance. If you like wood stoves, you can always add one if the house that you purchase does not have one.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Maybe 15-25% have wood stoves. It would be very rare for a wood stove to be the only heat source. They are mostly used as an auxiliary heat source or for ambiance. If you like wood stoves, you can always add one if the house that you purchase does not have one.
Actually, I despise them because the smoke is so noxious. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott