Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 10:17 AM

32 posts, read 49,019 times

Advertisements

We've been looking at a few homes in Prescott and one of the ones we looked at is almost perfect aside from one thing, the homes backyard literally is against Pioneer Parkway.

I would imagine it must be noisy but I wanted to get an opinion from people that know that area.

The home is located on Peppermint Way in the Pinion Oaks region.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 11:06 AM

7,479 posts, read 4,314,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
We've been looking at a few homes in Prescott and one of the ones we looked at is almost perfect aside from one thing, the homes backyard literally is against Pioneer Parkway.

I would imagine it must be noisy but I wanted to get an opinion from people that know that area.

The home is located on Peppermint Way in the Pinion Oaks region.

Thanks!
Although I don't live in that particular area. Before we moved to Arizona we lived about 400 ft. from a similar highway and our property was wooded. About all I can tell you is that it will get old pretty fast. There's no way you'll be able to get rid of the traffic noise especially when you want to sit outside and enjoy your backyard or have your windows open. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like having the parkway literally in your backyard as they are there. You also have to take into consideration when and if you ever try and sell your home if it doesn't work out.

Why they put homes that close to a highway is beyond me? Why anyone would want to buy one is another matter?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:43 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,898,971 times
Pioneer Parkway is a major connector and will always be busy. The road noise is not going to go away.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 PM

353 posts, read 411,285 times
I was a realtor in Orange County and Los Angeles County. It took three times as long to sell a house that backed up to freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: