Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,677,137 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I found a flyer attached to my mailbox addressed to Viewpoint residents. They were attached by mailboxes throughout our area in PV. It dealt with expansion in the viewpoint area that some outfit does not like and meetings to attend to stop it in the future.
This is illegal according to the USPS and I thought perhaps the USPS rural route carrier had placed it as the flyer was attached within minutes of my mail being delivered.
I contacted the outfit that put them out @ stopviewpointexpansiion@gmail and let them know of my displeasure and that this activity is illegal.
I got a reply email stating that he and other committee members placed this stuff. He said that he himself had placed "hundreds of them" in my area. I still find it interesting that it was there inside of 10 minutes that I got an email telling me I had an USPS delivery in my box which is an instant notification. I had been watching the boxes every 10 minutes or so as I was expecting some meds to be delivered. Fact is I think the guy that responded is just protecting the rural route carrier.
Stuff like this is also left in driveways to be blown around by the wind at will as some people don't want it and just don't pick it up.

Some people have to learn the hard way. I will follow my complaint up with the USPS on Monday to make sure this violation is documented.

I have placed the newspapers on notice that if they don't stop dropping stuff in my driveway that I will have them prosecuted for littering. Funny how that stopped all of the sudden.

My door is also posted "no solicitors, this includes politicians and churches." I have even had one party (a church) defy me to call the police on them after they knocked anyway and said they were soliciting nothing but my attention and that did not apply to my sign. Foolish people, I accommodated them by calling the police and held them until the police got here and lectured them. I don't know what happened after that.
Some people just would rather be left alone and to have their property rights respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 03:02 PM

6,282 posts, read 4,166,669 times
My understanding is that people can't put flyers IN the mailbox but they can attach to outside the mailbox. Having said that I also don't like soliciting at my front door but don't have a problem people leaving flyers (as long as they respect my sign).

Old 12-02-2017, 03:28 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,677,137 times
According to the USPS, attaching anything to the mailbox or even the post that supports it that is not postal mail is illegal, just so everyone knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott