Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 04:58 PM

32 posts, read 49,227 times

Advertisements

Moving to Prescott February 1st and was wondering if CableOne is any good or should I stick with DirectTV for TV service?

Cableone for Internet and phone is the way I will go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 09:31 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,696,169 times
We have CableOne. I dumped DirecTV years ago for many reasons. They were good at first when we got their service but became like any other big corporation.
CableOne has a local office and you can return/exchange equipment there anytime if you have a problem. They also don't have contracts at all should you want to cancel.
We have had their service now for some 6 years and had no problems that they could not fix with a phone call or visit which took place quickly.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:01 AM

558 posts, read 971,479 times
Depends on what channels you must have. CableOne is better if you want local commercials and the local access channel. I use Dish and it's Phx commercials for me but I get the channels I want.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM

56 posts, read 80,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
Moving to Prescott February 1st and was wondering if CableOne is any good or should I stick with DirectTV for TV service?

Cableone for Internet and phone is the way I will go.
I chose Cable One when I moved here in the summer. I got cable TV for $35 for six months (about 100 channels), then added the Digital Package for another $14 per month, adding about 20 more. Their sales group do not push for extra services.

No problems getting sales and technical service over the phone. However their technicians do not do house calls on weekends.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:39 AM

I just got rid of CableOne. Their rates went up again and with equipment rentals we were paying some $130 per month for TV with only Starz as a premium.
CableOne does not have any contracts and when you need service they do a good job however.
We put up a digital antenna outdoors that cost me $56 and I get some 45 channels OTA.
I just could not see $130 per month when many of the channels I got on cable were of no interest to me.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:05 AM

122 posts, read 154,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
I just got rid of CableOne. Their rates went up again and with equipment rentals we were paying some $130 per month for TV with only Starz as a premium.
CableOne does not have any contracts and when you need service they do a good job however.
We put up a digital antenna outdoors that cost me $56 and I get some 45 channels OTA.
I just could not see $130 per month when many of the channels I got on cable were of no interest to me.
Agree. You might consider adding a roku box and streaming to supplement your OTA. The roku's are a low, one time cost (under $100) and there's plenty of free stuff available on them. There's also some low cost cable alternatives available on roku like sling, hulu, or amazon that offer many of the same channels and/or movies found on cable at a much lower price point. OTA and roku is how we're setup and we're more than happy with it.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 AM

2 of the 3 TVs we own are the new smart types that have Netflix and many other things built it already.
The communicate via my modem (Wi-Fi) with the internet.
I don't need all the other stuff on the old TV in the bedroom and someday I will have to replace it too.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:47 PM

558 posts, read 971,479 times
I'd go with something like a Roku or AppleTV. The apps built-into TVs are not as good and don't seem to get updates, security or otherwise. And some manufacturers of these sets have been caught spying on their customers.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:18 PM

32 posts, read 49,227 times
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Signed up for CableOne for Internet & Phone only that should suffice.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM

122 posts, read 154,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Signed up for CableOne for Internet & Phone only that should suffice.
You might want to check out magicjack for your phone, it's likely a cheaper internet phone option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: