Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 05:30 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,379,705 times

Advertisements

What is your total average monthly (or annual) cost is for utilities renting a 1-2 bed apt in the Prescott area? Talking everything...electricity, heat, air. Is water/sewer/garbage generally including in the rent or paid separately?

Also, what is the round trip shuttle cost to PHX airport from the Prescott area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 09:59 AM

32 posts, read 48,835 times
We're in a house so I can't help you in regards to utilities.

As to the Shuttle I have a friend visiting Tuesday and she's paying $74.00 round trip.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:10 AM

243 posts, read 295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodPark View Post
We're in a house so I can't help you in regards to utilities.

As to the Shuttle I have a friend visiting Tuesday and she's paying $74.00 round trip.
Would the utility costs not be the same for a renter and a home owner? unless the landlord is picking up some of the cost as part of the rent agreement. Costs vary based on usage which will be different (at least somewhat) for every user.
We find utility costs in general are less here than we were paying in Portland

Old 05-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Thanks $74 is not too bad for a round trip airport shuttle. That's probably less than a Uber or cab round trip from some outer Phoenix burbs.

I'm in WA State so if utility costs are less than in Portland OR that's good. WA State has the second cheapest electricity costs per KWH in the entire U.S. Electricity is really cheap up here. My apartment is all electric (heat and stove elec too) .... and in summer my ave bill is less than $20/mo and winter never more then $35/mo with the heat on a lot, and I keep a lot of lights on and use the stove daily a lot. You do not need AC at all up here at all, so that might be an additional cost in Prescott in summers.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:47 PM

557 posts, read 956,234 times
I built a home at 5500 ft and didn't put in AC. I wanted radiant heat floors instead. I use an attic fan for the 2 weeks a year it gets a little uncomfortable. So your altitude will determine your AC needs. Everyone I know that has AC rarely uses it.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
I built a home at 5500 ft and didn't put in AC. I wanted radiant heat floors instead. I use an attic fan for the 2 weeks a year it gets a little uncomfortable. So your altitude will determine your AC needs. Everyone I know that has AC rarely uses it.
Thank you that is good to know.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 PM

32 posts, read 48,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
Would the utility costs not be the same for a renter and a home owner? unless the landlord is picking up some of the cost as part of the rent agreement. Costs vary based on usage which will be different (at least somewhat) for every user.
We find utility costs in general are less here than we were paying in Portland
I believe they stated they were looking for utilities for an apartment where water etc may be covered my house we pay for water,sewage,electricity,gas and trash pickup all that adds up but then I'm in Hidden Valley Ranch.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:25 PM

351 posts, read 408,638 times
I live in Chino Valley and I run my A/C from June until Sept 24/7, run a hot tub, oxygen machine at night and my electric is $120 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott