Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:10 AM

89 posts, read 101,317 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information about Stem Cell Therapy. Stem Cell Centers from Phoenix gave seminars here in Prescott & Prescott Valley. Cost is high & not covered by Insurance but their testimonial results were impressive. They have 3 clinics in the Phoenix area plus others throughout the country.

All Opinions are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 08:25 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Default Fraudulent

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con.../ucm286155.htm

So-called stem cell clinics are bilking consumers out of millions by offering untested “therapies” and preying on the hopes of desperate people.

For every disease or disability you can imagine, there’s a huckster out there wanting to sell you stem cell therapy for it.

These crooks depend on the fact that most people simply don’t understand the current science. Some of them are injecting customers with substances that are not just useless but dangerous.

Yes, I can well imagine Prescott would be a goldmine for these unscrupulous jerks.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:52 AM

243 posts, read 298,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con.../ucm286155.htm

So-called stem cell clinics are bilking consumers out of millions by offering untested “therapies” and preying on the hopes of desperate people.

For every disease or disability you can imagine, there’s a huckster out there wanting to sell you stem cell therapy for it.

These crooks depend on the fact that most people simply don’t understand the current science. Some of them are injecting customers with substances that are not just useless but dangerous.

Yes, I can well imagine Prescott would be a goldmine for these unscrupulous jerks.

First I agree with your cautious assertion. But! The research is not untested. I spoke with the leading researcher in Stem Cell therapies at OHSU ( Oregon Health Sciences University) in Portland Oregon 2 years ago. He stated that at that time they are seeing great promise using stem cell replacement especially in the areas of osteo arthritis of the knee and other joints. And while more testing needs to be done he felt that public trials at that time were 5 years out (3 now). The Mayo Clinic sponsors trials of Stem Cell Therapy at research groups all across the US as I write this. These trials are open to the public on a voluntary basis. Stem Cell therapy is showing great promise to treat and in some cases cure many diseases and ailments.
Go to the Mayo web site and search Stem Cell.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM

Yes, there's much research being done on stem cells. But you're missing the point. And you're conflating fake stem cell treatments with reputable research, which is exactly what the hucksters want you to do.

The vast majority of treatments are not ready for public consumption. Nor are there FDA-approved stem cell therapies to treat every condition that exists, regardless of what the charlatans will tell you.

And when there are FDA-approved therapies, they will be offered by reputable facilities.. And in time, your insurance will cover it. Insurers don't cover it now for obvious reasons. If you're going to throw caution to the winds, they want you to do it on your own dime.

Last edited by fluffythewondercat; 02-15-2019 at 09:59 AM..

Old 02-15-2019, 09:56 AM

What I've posted isn't opinion. It is fact. Medical practitioners across a wide variety of disciplines are cautioning their patients about these "clinics."

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

The FDA is going after stem cell clinics that peddle unproven treatments. The clinics claim they can treat serious diseases with stem cells from fat. The FDA doesn't buy it.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/9/1817377...ll-therapy-fda

Hundreds of clinics in the U.S. offering stem cell therapies without FDA approval

https://www.healio.com/ophthalmology...t-fda-approval

DOJ Files Complaints Against Florida and California Companies to Stop Use of Experimental Stem Cell Drugs on Patients

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...anies-stop-use

Old 02-15-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, there's much research being done on stem cells. But you're missing the point. And you're conflating fake stem cell treatments with reputable research, which is exactly what the hucksters want you to do.

The vast majority of treatments are not ready for public consumption. Nor are there FDA-approved stem cell therapies to treat every condition that exists, regardless of what the charlatans will tell you.

And when there are FDA-approved therapies, they will be offered by reputable facilities.. And in time, your insurance will cover it. Insurers don't cover it now for obvious reasons. If you're going to throw caution to the winds, they want you to do it on your own dime.
Are you saying research done by OHSU and the Mayo Clinic is being done by "Hucksters"?

I never said that Stem Cell Therapy is ready for and approved. In fact what I said was that the first public trials are 3 years off according to the lead research scientist for OHSU.

Are you also saying that insurers when the technology is approved will not recognize institutions such as OHSU and the Mayo Clinic??

I am NOT conflating any facts. I am passing on information from some of the leading research facilities in this country. Look them up on their web sites for yourself if you are still cloudy on the facts. What color is the sky fluffy?

Old 02-15-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
Are you saying research done by OHSU and the Mayo Clinic is being done by "Hucksters"?
I'll make it simple for you: OHSU and Mayo Clinic are reputable institutions doing stem cell research, OK?

On the other hand, the so-called "stem cell clinics" are looking to defraud people of their money. These are NOT research institutions, much less research institutions with impeccable credentials. They are a sham. The FDA is trying to close them down. I wish the FDA all possible luck in doing so. People are getting hurt. The "stem cell clinics" use material they formulate themselves that has been found to be contaminated. People are getting SICK from injections they got at "stem cell clinics."

Quote:
Are you also saying that insurers when the technology is approved will not recognize institutions such as OHSU and the Mayo Clinic??
How would I know?

Quote:
I am NOT conflating any facts. I am passing on information from some of the leading research facilities in this country. Look them up on their web sites for yourself if you are still cloudy on the facts. What color is the sky fluffy?
He says, "I am NOT conflating any facts" and then he goes on to conflate facts in the next sentence.

What OSHU and Mayo Clinic (and other reputable research institutions) are doing has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fake so-called "stem cell clinics". The only similarity between the two is the phrase "stem cell." I am only talking about the fake so-called "stem cell clinics."

I will not respond to you further.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 PM

23,291 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Getting back to the OP...if you wish to pursue stem cell therapy sounds as if the responsible thing to do is to look for voluntary human research trials being conducted by OHSU or Mayo Clinic, and find out if there is a legitimate provider in Prescott participating in one of the trials. Contact OHSU or Mayo directly to find out, not some local provider!

I wonder. Who sponsored and presented at those seminars? A commercial sponsor has every incentive to make the product look pretty good. It is worth it to them if they get a couple of bites out of the audience.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-15-2019 at 12:43 PM..

Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Getting back to the OP...if you wish to pursue stem cell therapy sounds as if the responsible thing to do is to look for voluntary human research trials being conducted by OHSU or Mayo Clinic, and find out if there is a legitimate provider in Prescott participating with one of the studies.
Thank you exactly my point.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I'll make it simple for you: OHSU and Mayo Clinic are reputable institutions doing stem cell research, OK?

On the other hand, the so-called "stem cell clinics" are looking to defraud people of their money. These are NOT research institutions, much less research institutions with impeccable credentials. They are a sham. The FDA is trying to close them down. I wish the FDA all possible luck in doing so. People are getting hurt. The "stem cell clinics" use material they formulate themselves that has been found to be contaminated. People are getting SICK from injections they got at "stem cell clinics."

How would I know?

He says, "I am NOT conflating any facts" and then he goes on to conflate facts in the next sentence.

What OSHU and Mayo Clinic (and other reputable research institutions) are doing has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fake so-called "stem cell clinics". The only similarity between the two is the phrase "stem cell." I am only talking about the fake so-called "stem cell clinics."

I will not respond to you further.
Did I even once advocate going to any "Fake" Stem Cell Clinic??

No need to make anything simple for me, as I have your number.

And Thank You for not responding to me any further. But alas I fear we will cross paths in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott