Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 01:34 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times

Advertisements

I have been in this area some 11 years now.
At first, living in Prescott, I fought DB Courier for sometime to quit delivering newspaper and advertising that they printed and threw in my driveway. They finally stopped when I told them I would charge them with littering and force the issue.
For the last 7-8 years we have been in PV. And off and on I get stuff printed up and delivered by the PV Tribune, who is owned by DB Courier.
About a month ago I got a paper, I don't subscribe and I sent a contact form into the Tribune and told them to stop. 3 weeks later I got another and I threatened them with a litter charge and they assured me it would stop.
Today, exactly a week later, I got another paper just like clockwork and I sent yet another contact form to the editor and told them I could re deliver the paper up close and personal if that is what it takes.
I got an email back telling me it would stop but I won't count on it.
I don't like this stuff as many don't pick it up and it blows around and makes the area look like trash.
I would suggest anyone that gets this type of stuff and does not want it contact the publisher and make them stop.
I think it's stupid to deliver this stuff after being warned to stop. I may have to just force the issue to get them to stop.

Last edited by keninaz; 03-20-2019 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 05:14 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Just use it on the bottom of the bird cage for liner.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:54 AM

402 posts, read 612,532 times
I wish that was one of my top stresses. Good luck in this endless struggle.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I have a very bad back and it hurts to make the effort to pick it up and in the last year or so I have spent some 3 months in a wheelchair.
I don't need the extra effort.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
I wish that was one of my top stresses. Good luck in this endless struggle.
Medical problems for people that are older prevent them from doing simple things at times like the simple act of picking up unwanted trash left in my yard.
I hope you do better when you get older.
Having spent a number of months on end in a power wheelchair and having a back bad enough that just getting down to pick something up is very painful is not fun.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:01 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
And I wish that you had my handicap so you would be more sympathetic.
I know you had some pretty major surgery a few years ago.

A grabber comes in handy for those times when it hurts to bend over:

https://www.amazon.com/Ettore-49036-...dp/B001B13PC2/

That said, the Daily Courier really should stop littering. I fought a similar fight here in Silicon Valley.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:03 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post

No one should have to deal with trash that is regularly and systematically tossed onto their property.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I know you had some pretty major surgery a few years ago.

A grabber comes in handy for those times when it hurts to bend over:

https://www.amazon.com/Ettore-49036-...dp/B001B13PC2/

That said, the Daily Courier really should stop littering. I fought a similar fight here in Silicon Valley.
Yes I have two grabbers I keep handy in the house. I have had several major surgeries including 3 way by pass and fusion surgery on my back too. But I have to live with what life deals me. That certainly does not mean I have to put up with certain things in life that complicate matters for me.
Besides, there are people in our area that don't pick this stuff up and then it gets blown around onto others properties.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:50 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Not only do I get the same advertising stuff thrown on my driveway, but I also get the exact same thing in my mailbox too. Too much paper and trash. It should stop.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:22 AM

404 posts, read 765,915 times
I guess I'm the only one that looked forward to these. Was nice to get grocery flyers and the occasional coupons for Arby's and what-not.

They stopped delivering them to my area at least a year ago - probably longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: