Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 05:26 PM

26 posts, read 25,211 times

Advertisements

When i make my move is september or October how likely is it i will need my lawn equipment?

Chuck
KK6DOA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 07:57 AM

243 posts, read 295,565 times
Depends will you have grass at your new home? Lawnmower?
I don't and kept my weed eater
Round and Square point shovel
Wheel Barrow
Limb Trimmers
2 kinds of Rakes
Concrete Broom
Power Washer
Ladder 6'
Hose and Nozzle
These are what we brought with us and I have used them all since we have been here.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 AM

243 posts, read 295,565 times
Wheel Barrow
Limb Trimmers
2 kinds of Rakes
Concrete Broom
Power Washer
Ladder 6'
Hose and Nozzle
These are what we brought with us and I have used them all since we have been here.
Snow Shovel

Old 04-15-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
Wheel Barrow
Limb Trimmers
2 kinds of Rakes
Concrete Broom
Power Washer
Ladder 6'
Hose and Nozzle

Yeah, i was thinking lawnmower more then anything i haven't seen any grass in any of the pics Ive looked at.

Chuck
KK6DOA

Old 04-15-2019, 11:50 AM

351 posts, read 408,873 times
I live on almost 3/4 of a acre and the backyard is dirt/weeds, gopher holes, beetle holes, snake holes, and the items I use on a regular basis is a rock rake, a battery operated blower, a saw pully used to cut branches on my trees. I have a battery operated weed sprayer I use it to spray weeds, and I spray for bugs every 3 months around the perimeter of my house and inside. A rake to rake my leaves in winter time plus the dozens of trees leaves that the wind blows onto my lawn. Two kinds of shovels, a spade. Hose and nozzle. Power Washer. Wheel barrow. Pruners. With all of the wind you get here it is a constant battle keeping my patio clean. I have a lot more tools but primarily these are ones I use most often.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM

306 posts, read 331,661 times
I primarily live in Yuma, but have a cabin in the pines of Prescott now too. When I moved from MI, I sold all my lawn stuff. Never needed a mower, but since moving to AZ. I've purchased a weed wacker and a blower ( nice 20v combo actually - no need for gas) and more recently a chainsaw for the cabin. You may have a lawn in Prescott though. Hard to say. Depending on how you are moving your stuff, you may want to bring it, but if you'll be renting, even temporarily, I'd sell some of it at least. Yeti and Granite have a good list of keepers.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:03 PM

3,398 posts, read 4,574,166 times
I'd keep the lawnmower and the weed wacker, as you might have a lawn to keep tidy. There are some homes in the area that have grass yards w/ mulch, not everything is gravel and dirt as observed. With the heat, if carrying gas containers around your home is a concern, you could always upgrade to a battery powered lawnmower and powertools.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:45 PM

Thanks for the reply's, my mower is only a year old and a nice Honda so i will add it to the keep list and i will be renting for awhile.

Chuck

Old 04-29-2019, 02:44 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,663,558 times
I see you sign with your callsign.
More important to you may be finding a place that will allow an antenna which are few and far in this area.
Many areas controlled by HOAs and it's nearly impossible with them.
The one I have did allow me to put up a 40' telescoping mast for an inverted V but that would be rare.
Good Luck.
I just recently gave up the hobby after many years.

de Ken
W7KKK

Old 04-29-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
I see you sign with your callsign.
More important to you may be finding a place that will allow an antenna which are few and far in this area.
Many areas controlled by HOAs and it's nearly impossible with them.
The one I have did allow me to put up a 40' telescoping mast for an inverted V but that would be rare.
Good Luck.
I just recently gave up the hobby after many years.

de Ken
W7KKK

Believe it or not that would be a non starter for me, I'm going to need something to do in my retirement.
Plus from what I've read AZ largest ham club is in Prescott so that interesting.

Chuck
KK6DOA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott