Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 09:14 AM

39 posts, read 176,654 times

Advertisements

WHAT THE REALTORS won't TELL YOU.

Prescott Water Supply has high levels of Arsenic and Lead.

What your local government is not telling you can kill you - AZ
EXAMPLE: Prescott, AZ - Yavapai County, Arizona
by Walter Burien
05/22/12

The writer of this article lived in Prescott, AZ from 1991 to 2000 and ran for Mayor of Prescott, AZ in 1998, Sam Steiger was elected by the popular vote.

One of my favorite pastimes in Prescott was prospecting for Gold and Silver. I would find ore samples and send them off to the assayer and get a "spectrograph" assay done that would show a good representation of most elements in the sample. If precious metals were present, then I would carry through with a fire assay.

I never did find any good gold or silver but one thing that caught my eye was the high concentration of arsenic shown in many samples. Some samples with arsenic levels up to 12%.

Prescott, AZ for decades had a problem with high concentrations of arsenic in well water and most wells in several areas were shut down. Most water supplied to Prescott, AZ now comes from the Chino Valley aquifer 15-miles from downtown Prescott. Even the Chino valley aquifer water supply was having a problem with its levels of arsenic.

Prescott, AZ / Yavapai County as shown in the following map had the highest grouping of arsenic in its wells for the state of Arizona. Well arsenic levels map / Arizona - http://www.cityofprescott.net/_d/ars...undwater-1.pdf

As noted in this report at one point during a drought many cattle died and it was attributed to the arsenic in the water.

Here is where it comes down to: What your local government is not telling you can kill you - AZ

In 1998, there was a construction project close to where I was living in Prescott, AZ on the corner of White Spar Rd and Copper Basin Rd where much earth moving was taking place. Dust from the project was saturating the neighborhood for months.

What caught my eye here was that everyone in the neighborhood became very sick with pneumonia / flu like symptoms, especially the elderly. Many elderly died over those months the construction project was underway with the cause of death listed as pneumonia.

I have always been a believer in 1 + 1 = 2, so I said to myself: "I wonder if arsenic has something to do with those deaths?"

The dust from this construction project saturating the air coming through your open windows and would deposit in a layer on your furniture throughout your house. Dust that you were breathing daily.

From my kitchen counter I scrapped up a good sample of the dust and sent it off to the assayer to have a spectrograph assay done. A week latter I got the results: 2.5% arsenic.

Then to confirm the 1 + 1 = 2 equation I looked up the symptoms of arsenic poisoning which came back as "pneumonia/flu-like symptoms". I then looked at the death statistics for Prescott, AZ for listed cause of death being pneumonia/flu like symptoms and compared it to national averages. In Prescott, AZ the listed deaths from pneumonia/flu like symptoms were seven (7) times higher than national averages.

The 1+ 1 = 2 equation came back to, in all respects per true cause of death "arsenic poisoning".

I then reported my findings in 1998 to several city and county officials for their action in informing the residents of the very present danger of the strata dirt being potentially lethal if construction projects were kicking dust from the dirt up in the air and then inhaled over a prolonged period of time. Action taken on the part of city and county employees to date? Silence..

Prescott, AZ was in a boom period over the last ten years. The population in the area of 14,000 had grown from 1988 to 140,000 come 1998.

Cash was king and money by the truck-load was rolling in for the city and county government. So, with the fact of inherent arsenic poisoning being latent in the basic top-soil throughout the city, do the city and county government management warn the residents of the inherent lethal danger which in effect could stop the cash rolling in with a reversal of people deciding to live there, or were their actions of silence inherently designed to keep the cash rolling in?

Again, their actions were that of silence. The cash for the local government kept rolling in and expanding, and the deaths from pneumonia/flu-like symptoms, arsenic poisoning kept clicking away and rising.

Those government officials had their chance to protect the residents of Prescott, AZ and did not do so. No longer silence, the fact of this circumstance is now made public through this article.

Confirmation for the residents of Prescott, AZ of this lethal danger is very simple. They can take a sample of the soil from the outside perimeter of their own back-yard (where the top-soil is in its natural state) and get a spectrograph assay done that will show the levels of arsenic in their dirt strata surrounding them.

From my findings back in 1998, they will probably show in their own test results a concentration level of 1.5% to 3%, or potentially lethal concentrations of arsenic that can mask itself as pneumonia/flu like symptoms if inhaled in dust form.

Those many that have died so far with the listed cause of death being pneumonia/flu like symptoms where arsenic poisoning based on future investigative findings was determined to be the true cause of death, do their families have a claim for damages against the city of Prescott, AZ and the and county of Yavapai, AZ for their silence in this matter?

Yes, in all perspective those government officials chose to keep the cash rolling in over protecting the public's health and welfare with lethal consequences in their silence.

Silence by city and county officials is no defense in this egregious and lethal tort allowed to continue against the residents of Prescott, AZ. Those officials are now put on notice, silence on their part, no more will be allowed or tolerated.

What your local government is not telling you can kill you - AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 12:20 PM

555 posts, read 594,946 times
1) The article is 7 years old.

2) Ah yes, the ""1+1=2" equation. Where is the actual proof for this theory? Deaths from pneumonia and flu are 7x higher than the national average? The mean age is also higher than the national average which will account for at least part of that.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:27 PM

402 posts, read 611,603 times
Something like arsenic in the ground water is something you will find in the west in general. This isnt breaking news.

Old 08-24-2019, 12:47 PM

1,336 posts, read 926,300 times
i check the City of Scottsdale water reports... it all looks within acceptable levels of everything bad.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:31 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times
2018 Prescott Water Quality Report.

http://www.prescott-az.gov/wp-conten...-Year-2018.pdf

Old 08-24-2019, 08:10 PM

27 posts, read 37,533 times
Soooooo what has changed since that report came out. Is the dust any less toxic today than it was 7yrs ago. The water I can live with. I have not, nor have any of my animals downed any tap water in going on 18yrs where we live now. I didn't drink it at the old house either, but the dogs did and they lived way past normal life span for their breed. Is all of AZ subject to the Arsenic in the topsoil....I guess better I find this out before I waste any time looking for a place to buy.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:06 AM

479 posts, read 800,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by langss View Post
Soooooo what has changed since that report came out. Is the dust any less toxic today than it was 7yrs ago. The water I can live with. I have not, nor have any of my animals downed any tap water in going on 18yrs where we live now. I didn't drink it at the old house either, but the dogs did and they lived way past normal life span for their breed. Is all of AZ subject to the Arsenic in the topsoil....I guess better I find this out before I waste any time looking for a place to buy.
Based on the OP of this thread, I wouldn't worry about anything he/she/it brings to the table. The OP either has a grudge against Prescott or is happily living there and trying to discourage others from moving there. All of the OP's posts on the site are nothing but negative drivel. He used to do nothing but complain about the rehab houses but now that they've been reduced greatly, they have to find something else to rail about.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:45 AM

27 posts, read 37,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
Based on the OP of this thread, I wouldn't worry about anything he/she/it brings to the table. The OP either has a grudge against Prescott or is happily living there and trying to discourage others from moving there. All of the OP's posts on the site are nothing but negative drivel. He used to do nothing but complain about the rehab houses but now that they've been reduced greatly, they have to find something else to rail about.
Thank You..... I'm new here, and I would rather not jump from the Frying Pan (California) into the Fire (a toxic environment) The funny thing to all this is most of my 71 years has been spent within 30 miles of this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDceOZlUz9w It was not until recently that all of the information was made public....But for years people called it Valley Fever, for lack of a better explination.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:58 PM

48 posts, read 66,914 times
Grew up in Simi Valley in the 60s and as a kid used to see the occasional rocket engine testing blasting out of the Santa Susana Mountains. Good friend of mine's Dad worked at Rocketdyne but he died of cancer earlier this decade that the family blamed on the working environment.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:04 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,346,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by langss View Post
Thank You..... I'm new here, and I would rather not jump from the Frying Pan (California) into the Fire (a toxic environment) The funny thing to all this is most of my 71 years has been spent within 30 miles of this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDceOZlUz9w It was not until recently that all of the information was made public....But for years people called it Valley Fever, for lack of a better explination.
If Prescott was as bad as the original post by scottdavis has stated you'd think that people would be dropping like flies here? I went back and read his previous posts and all he does is trash this place. Which makes me wonder why he even stays here if it was as bad as he claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott