Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,951 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are thinking of moving to the Prescott area. We have seen a community called Pine Lakes and it looks beautiful to me, however it has an HOA of approximately $900! I have read where it increases 10% a year. Being on a fixed income my income means it doesn't increase so living there for 10 years would be a 50% increase!

Are there any other communities that are in or close to the forest, that don't have such a huge HOA?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 07:25 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,969,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDreamVader View Post
Hello, We are thinking of moving to the Prescott area. We have seen a community called Pine Lakes and it looks beautiful to me, however it has an HOA of approximately $900! I have read where it increases 10% a year. Being on a fixed income my income means it doesn't increase so living there for 10 years would be a 50% increase!

Are there any other communities that are in or close to the forest, that don't have such a huge HOA?
Thank you.
The Pine Lakes thing interested me at first a few years back also, but seems you found one of the main problems like I did. Nope.

There are a couple of knowledgeable realtors that weigh in here that may have some input.

You should better define what you want though. Is being in or near forest your main criteria? Start looking west, south west and south of Prescott then.

Do you want an HOA? Would it need to be a 55+ HOA like Pine Lakes?

Old 05-06-2020, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,951 times
Thank you, I have been trying to search for other communities that might be near the forest. I need trees, to look at, to provide shade I have been in the desert,Tucson, for 35 years. I grew up in Pine Gove Lakes, a subdivision in Sloatsburg, NY, mountainous 2 lakes and it backed up to Bear Mtn. State Park. I terribly miss trees and if I'm going to move I want trees. When I saw Pine Lakes I thought maybe, but no.

I, also, require a large dog park and walking paths.

It doesn't need to be in Prescott as long as I have trees. Payson looks to deserty, Cottonwood is just one on top of another and again no trees enough for me.

I need a community feeling. I don't mind paying so that I have use of a hot tub, pool, community center and activities. I need to keep my body and mind active with like minded people, but $900 a month is ridiculous.
Currently we are in an rv, we have been full timers for over 10 years, the time is now to hang up the keys.

We will be up in Cottonwood around the 20th , so I'm trying to find place to look at during that time, Any suggestions???

Old 05-06-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDreamVader View Post
Thank you, I have been trying to search for other communities that might be near the forest. I need trees, to look at, to provide shade I have been in the desert,Tucson, for 35 years. I grew up in Pine Gove Lakes, a subdivision in Sloatsburg, NY, mountainous 2 lakes and it backed up to Bear Mtn. State Park. I terribly miss trees and if I'm going to move I want trees. When I saw Pine Lakes I thought maybe, but no.

I, also, require a large dog park and walking paths.

It doesn't need to be in Prescott as long as I have trees. Payson looks to deserty, Cottonwood is just one on top of another and again no trees enough for me.

I need a community feeling. I don't mind paying so that I have use of a hot tub, pool, community center and activities. I need to keep my body and mind active with like minded people, but $900 a month is ridiculous.
Currently we are in an rv, we have been full timers for over 10 years, the time is now to hang up the keys.

We will be up in Cottonwood around the 20th , so I'm trying to find place to look at during that time, Any suggestions???
The Timber Ridge or Hidden Valley Ranch areas may have what you are looking for regarding HOA's with trees.. Prices can be on the higher side for both though. The Ponderosa pines are indeed impressive, I like them too. There are some communities south around the Groom Creek area (all trees), but I dont know about pools/hot tub amenities down there. There is a big dog park on the north side of town, but it would be a drive from any area with a lot of trees.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:09 PM

557 posts, read 954,637 times
An older community with trees would be Mountain Club.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
An older community with trees would be Mountain Club.
True, a lot of trees there also, but amenities are sparse. An older, smaller club house is about it. Some of the streets can be a bit dodgy for walking also. A lot of wildlife up near the houses is a plus for many.

OP may also want to look at Flagstaff area.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:56 PM

6,954 posts, read 11,990,093 times
Come look at our community, The Gardens of Willow Creek, a small 55-plus single family home community. Our HOA is $85 a month. There is a pool, hot tub and club house. We have trees. Very close to grocery, dog park, and some medical. Google it. And right now there are 2 homes for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott