Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 AM

21 posts, read 28,991 times

Advertisements

Brian, you have been such a good resource. Can you or anyone else explain to me the maintenance of the streets in Park Ridge? Does that mean the subdivision is responsible for replacing or doing street repairs etc. Do you know why it is not part of the maintenance done by the city/county? I just have not heard of an area with so few homes being responsible for street repairs.

Thanks again for any help here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:22 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,880,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr870 View Post
Brian, you have been such a good resource. Can you or anyone else explain to me the maintenance of the streets in Park Ridge? Does that mean the subdivision is responsible for replacing or doing street repairs etc. Do you know why it is not part of the maintenance done by the city/county? I just have not heard of an area with so few homes being responsible for street repairs.

Thanks again for any help here.
The roads are privately maintained by the HOA, which is why the dues are so high. The city/county only maintains public roads. If the public cannot access the roads, then they are de facto private roads, which must be maintained by the subdivision. This is the case for any gated subdivision.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:47 PM

Thank you. It will be paid for - either by taxes or some other way, in this case HOA fees.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:23 AM

Default HOA documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
Here are some comparisons:

Viewpoint:
Dues - $79/yr
Amenities - no private amenities
Community Facilities District - no additional property tax
Transfer Fees on Sale - less than $400

ParkRidge:
Dues - $660/yr
Amenities - gated community w/private roads (that need to be maintained by the subdivision)
Community Facilities District - no additional property tax
Transfer Fees on Sale - less than $400

Pronghorn Ranch:
Dues - $512/yr
Amenities - clubhouse w/pool, gym, tennis court, etc.
Community Facilities District - additional $500-$600 property tax per year to pay off infrastructure loan
Transfer Fees on Sale - ~$656 + 0.25% of purchase price (~1400 for a $300K house)
I am wondering if it is possible to get a copy of the HOA documents for the ParkRidge area of Viewpoint and who could be contacted. Our current HOA where we are moving from has both hard copies and online documents available. Would be interested in how restrictive the ParkRidge documents are. I know some areas can be reasonable, others much too restrictive. HOAs are a good thing unless they try to run your entire life.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,880,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr870 View Post
I am wondering if it is possible to get a copy of the HOA documents for the ParkRidge area of Viewpoint and who could be contacted. Our current HOA where we are moving from has both hard copies and online documents available. Would be interested in how restrictive the ParkRidge documents are. I know some areas can be reasonable, others much too restrictive. HOAs are a good thing unless they try to run your entire life.

Thanks for your help.
If you are currently working with a real estate agent, then your agent should be able to obtain them for you. If not, then you can PM me with your email and I would be happy to send you copies.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:01 PM

We are working with an agent and she said she would get copies for us. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 AM

4 posts, read 5,401 times
I lived in the Phoenix AZ for more than 45 year. I visit Prescott quite often. I was just in Prescott a couple weeks ago.
They have every fast food restaurant out there. Downtown Prescott has a lot of antique shops, great restaurants. They have car shows and art shows in the center courthouse area. Sedona and Flagstaff are just an hour or so drive. Phoenix is just a 2 hour drive. Prescott has nice camp grounds a few small lakes. Prescott is some of the cleanest area in the USA. Elevation I think is around 5000ft. They get snow there every winter but it melts fast. They have all 4 seasons there. If I was going to buy a 2nd home in Arizona, it would be Prescott. The made the movie "Billy Jack" Tom Laughlin back in the late 60's or early 70's.
The downtown area is slightly hilly. Then you got Prescott Valley which is smaller a lot of building is going on now, then just another few miles down the road is the community 'Dewey", they are going fast too. Lefty's Steakhouse has great found.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:51 AM

3,394 posts, read 4,565,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebalentine View Post
I lived in the Phoenix AZ for more than 45 year. I visit Prescott quite often. I was just in Prescott a couple weeks ago.
They have every fast food restaurant out there. Downtown Prescott has a lot of antique shops, great restaurants. They have car shows and art shows in the center courthouse area. Sedona and Flagstaff are just an hour or so drive. Phoenix is just a 2 hour drive. Prescott has nice camp grounds a few small lakes. Prescott is some of the cleanest area in the USA. Elevation I think is around 5000ft. They get snow there every winter but it melts fast. They have all 4 seasons there. If I was going to buy a 2nd home in Arizona, it would be Prescott. The made the movie "Billy Jack" Tom Laughlin back in the late 60's or early 70's.
The downtown area is slightly hilly. Then you got Prescott Valley which is smaller a lot of building is going on now, then just another few miles down the road is the community 'Dewey", they are going fast too. Lefty's Steakhouse has great found.
PV has similar weather and comparable elevation to Denver. When I stayed in PV for a couple days visiting last year, I noticed how clean the city is and all the amenities were available.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:59 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,657,170 times
I lived in Denver in 1970/1 while station there with the Army for training at Fitsimmons.
The WX there was very bad that year (worst winter in 50 years they said) but overall the WX is not near like Denver normally has here in the Prescott area. Much milder WX here.
While living in SW Prescott we did get 16" of now overnight a few years ago but it was pretty much gone within 2 days. If you drove North through town the snow depth diminished to around 4" on average for that same event as you traveled.
And of note, the streets don't ice up near like they do in Denver when I was there.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:59 PM

Default Milder than Denver (I hope)

We currently live in a Denver suburb. Our 2nd winter here we had over 5' of snow in one fell swoop and could not leave our neighborhood for 3 days. Tried walking out - futile. I fell and had a lot of difficulty getting up. My husband laughed so hard that he fell and couldn't get up. When we finally did, we went back inside and stayed there till we could drive out - extreme cabin fever! Each winter, we seem to spend more time inside reading because of the snows, icy roads, bad drivers etc and neither of us like that. Because a lot of people want to move to Denver, we sold our home the 1st day it was on the market and are hoping Prescott/Prescott Valley will soon be our new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott