Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM

89 posts, read 299,361 times

Advertisements

I know i have asked before for different websites for rentals in PV & PRC, and i have been looking at www.dcourier.com & craigslist.
It's been a while since I have moved to a new place, what do most property managers look for on background checks?
here where i live there are alot of home owners that rent there houses we don't have very many property managers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
If they actually do a credit check they are looking at defaults, late payments, and current debts (such as credit cards etc), the same thing you would look for if your were about to rent a property to someone else. Can this person be trusted to pay his or her bills? Are they already in debt to the point that they cannot pay their rent?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM

thank you for the info

Old 09-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
Best of luck to you

Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM

73 posts, read 302,554 times
You are 100 times better renting from a real landlord... Stay away from the rental agencies, most are crooks... I just had a friend that leased a house and when his family moved out he was with the leasing company during the inspection and found NO stains on the carpet using a black light... After moving a few miles down the road when they received their deposit back they were charged $200 for each urine stain ($600) and $45 dollars X 2 to reprogram two garage openers ($90). I have a lease/rental house next to me and the leasing company won't fix anything.... If you choose to go this route... Take lots of pictures, I mean a lot before you move in and make sure if you find problems, note it in the lease if you don't they will say you did it...... Take more when you move... Be there with the leasing company when you move and have them sign a document stating that it's clean and you will get your deposit back.... The leasing company kept $1000 of my friends deposit and he knows he can't afford and attorney, and can't take it any further... Just be aware... There are some good landloards here and the bad ones spoil it for the good ones.... Thank god I own my own house... and I know what some of these families are going through....

Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM

thank you, i find that it is better to rent from a real landlord not a agency

Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkthecodes View Post
You are 100 times better renting from a real landlord... Stay away from the rental agencies, most are crooks... I just had a friend that leased a house and when his family moved out he was with the leasing company during the inspection and found NO stains on the carpet using a black light... After moving a few miles down the road when they received their deposit back they were charged $200 for each urine stain ($600) and $45 dollars X 2 to reprogram two garage openers ($90). I have a lease/rental house next to me and the leasing company won't fix anything.... If you choose to go this route... Take lots of pictures, I mean a lot before you move in and make sure if you find problems, note it in the lease if you don't they will say you did it...... Take more when you move... Be there with the leasing company when you move and have them sign a document stating that it's clean and you will get your deposit back.... The leasing company kept $1000 of my friends deposit and he knows he can't afford and attorney, and can't take it any further... Just be aware... There are some good landloards here and the bad ones spoil it for the good ones.... Thank god I own my own house... and I know what some of these families are going through....
If you feel that the rental company acted illegally and you have proof that they kept deposit money without reason, you can file a claim against them in the justice court that has jurisdiction. You are not required to use a lawyer and the cost should be less than $100. You will need to pay to file a complaint and you will need to pay (typically the sheriff) to serve them the complaint. You will then have a court date with a judge who will rule based on the evidence that you and the rental company provide. Assuming you win, you can collect your legal fees as well as the money that was illegally held from you. Read the Arizona Landlord Tenant Act to know your rights.

Note: The above text is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. Consult an independant legal counsel for legal advice.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM

73 posts, read 302,554 times
The people moved into the house without taking any pictures and didn't even do a walk through with the leasing company... It's one of those things where 3 people can't afford to live by themselves and they pooled their money together to lease the house, when the monthly bills started going they started looking for a cheaper place, the one person I know lives on $735 social security a month, I know they can't afford the $100 to file, this is a friend of a friend who I'm talking about... I use to be a landlord and the lease/rental next door to me has had a few nice couple to rent it but then when something breaks the leasing company won't fix it and the people break the lease and move... To bad I was hoping to have some nice neighbors for years instead of 5 to 6 months....

Old 10-17-2008, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,078 times
Default Property Managers look for Credit Score and References

You may want to try Willow Ridge Apartments in Prescott, AZ.

It is a nice pet-friendly complex - safe, offers spacious units and is conviniently located. Its is very close to shops, restaurants, downtown, schools (ERAU) and places of employment (i.e. Yavapai Medical, etc.). The complex offers free WiFi which is a big plus for working adults. All units have large balconies/patios with extra storage. The setting is park-like and there's a brand-new playground for kids to enjoy.

Management and residents are friendly and helpful. Maintenance issues are addressed the same day. Every few months or so there are fun outdoor events/activities.

Rates are quite reasonable a couple of months ago they were $628 for a 1/1 and $668 for a 2/2. We are not aware of a better complex to live at these rental rates.

Here's their website: [URL="http://www.willowridgerentals.com"]www.willowridgerentals.com[/URL"]http://www.willowridgerentals.com[/URL]

- Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott