Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post
Neil Klein is still in business and has never filed bankruptcy. Their office is still open on HWY 69 and they are still building and still selling homes.
Hmmm.... And who may you be?

I see this is your first post ever on this forum, welcome, do you work for Neil Klein????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 08:31 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,730 times
I can confim that Neil Klein is still in business on Hwy-69 in Prescott. I drove by there yesterday and I also spoke with a title agent who does business with them.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsHomes View Post
I can confim that Neil Klein is still in business on Hwy-69 in Prescott. I drove by there yesterday and I also spoke with a title agent who does business with them.
That is good to hear but I would be CAUTIOUS as to their liquidity and ability to weather this economic disaster. As we have seen, builders are going under, even ones that were thought to be sound (Brown Family).

Buyers need to beware. The company might state and act like everything is A-OK, but the next day they will shut down and run for the hills.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:32 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
I think the point, LBear, is that statements like yours can cause a lot of harm to people like Neil Klein because they are not factual and they can cause folks to panic, thus making his business worse. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I know two folks who work for Klein and they are not jobless.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I think the point, LBear, is that statements like yours can cause a lot of harm to people like Neil Klein because they are not factual and they can cause folks to panic, thus making his business worse. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I know two folks who work for Klein and they are not jobless.
CAUTION is the key word. People were putting down their hard earned money $$$ with Brown up until the day he said he was out of business. People were putting money into Indy Mac Bank up until the day they folded. I can go on and on with dozens of such companies. ALL of these businesses acted like everything was OK. When in fact, they knew things were NOT OK.

I hope Neil Klein does NOT fold. I am just saying that buyers should be careful in todays volatile market. (On a side note. I know personally of people who had bought Neil Klein homes and let's just say that they are NOT happy customers. Quality control was lacking and dealing with them was not fun.)

Do you remember Townsend?? She lied, stole, scammed and conned millions. When I started to hear that she was in trouble, I spoke out, many came in and defended that all was OK with Townsend. Then 1 month later, she was bankrupted and under federal investigation.

Last edited by LBear; 11-02-2008 at 11:34 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,087 times
Default Brown Homes

I was just reading about the amount of homes the Brown Family closed in 2006. If the brown family made just $20k profit on each home they closed in 2006 this equals over $1.7M per month and over $20M for the year. I have a hard time feeling sorry for the Brown family. I think a deeper look into the finances would be a better subject. I have been through the model homes and really like them. The pictures of Mr. Brown and his beautiful dogs is also touching but I am more concerned today about the qualified home buyer which has been waiting months to move into their new home and can't becuse it will never be finished or the homeowners in a community with half built homes all around them or the contractors which will now not get paid. The money is somewhere....just not in the right places. What do you think the half built subdivisions do to our cities and towns....the property value of the communities around them? Homeless people will soon be living like homeowners. Has anyone looked into that?

DN

Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 AM

29 posts, read 157,323 times
I think it's important to be careful in any market good times and bad but doom and gloom llbear doesn't do anyone any good and it does cause people to panic. Everyone should be more positive. Things will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott