U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-07-2008, 08:05 PM

6,075 posts, read 9,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman View Post
Sweet picture This is a tree in my backyard last weekend.
Whoa -- nice backyard. Well, kiss that goodbye, because Presskit ain't gonna look nothin' like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-08-2008, 08:34 AM

124 posts, read 252,939 times
Yep I hear you on that However, last year it was covered in 100 inches of snow for 3-5 months so we wont miss that. We saw alot of nice areas around Lynx lake and the outskirts of town that have mature trees and pines like here.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:42 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,141,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Whoa -- nice backyard. Well, kiss that goodbye, because Presskit ain't gonna look nothin' like that.
My backyard does!
Attached Thumbnails
Im goin' to Prescott ;]-bacyard.jpg  

Unread 11-08-2008, 10:40 AM

124 posts, read 252,939 times
Very nice Biggs, we may be doing business in a couple years

I see you and your wifes picture in a real estate magazine we brought home and always wanted to tell ya

Unread 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 4,140,560 times
I will try to attach a pix of my home in Chino Valley. Not all of Chino is dry and treeless, as you can see!
Attached Thumbnails
Im goin' to Prescott ;]-house-yard.jpg  

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:24 PM

862 posts, read 1,638,681 times
95% of the trees in PV and CV are NOT native and have been transplanted by people. Certain parts of Prescott are more conducive to tree growth because of the higher elevations.

Non-native trees can survive out in PV and CV, it just needs constant watering. It's the watering the keeps them alive. If left to the "natural", they would die.

PV & CV, if left "natural" would be quite barren and would resemble a wasteland.

Prescott is, by far, the nicest of the area.

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman View Post
Very nice Biggs, we may be doing business in a couple years

I see you and your wifes picture in a real estate magazine we brought home and always wanted to tell ya
Sounds good to us! We'll be here, alive and kicking.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 4,140,560 times
My trees are watered, of course...but they are all "native: sycamore, elm, cottonwood and mulberry.

Unread 11-08-2008, 06:51 PM

I have three Juniper trees and I never water them.

Unread 11-08-2008, 08:33 PM

862 posts, read 1,638,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
My trees are watered, of course...but they are all "native: sycamore, elm, cottonwood and mulberry.
Naturally, without human interference, those trees would only grow near seasonal creeks or in low flood prone areas. You will not find native trees like that in PV & CV growing out in the middle of nowhere. The only reason they are there TODAY, is because of irrigation and mankind planting those trees there.

Left to nature, those trees would not be there or survive because of the lack of water.

Scenery-wise, PV & CV are the barren wide-open plains where the antelope roam. Antelope don't roam in the trees & forests of Prescott. If PV & CV keep building everywhere, they will make the antelope extinct. Antelope need wide-open, flat, treeless plains. What CV & PV are today and should remain that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott