U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 7,102 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering AZ for relocation. Everyone keeps telling me to go to Flagstaff, Prescott, around there bcuz my husband wants SEASONS. I would love 90 everyday. We have to compromise I guess.

We have lived in our motorhome before and I am wondering about doing that there. I know a lot of seniors do, but we are not seniors. We are cheap and don't need a lot of house or yard. I know there are RV parks, but I was wondering about buying acreage and then setting up on that. Eventually we would build something, but I can't find anything on the internet about the ordinances, laws, all of that about doing that.

We currently live in the Seattle area and there are sooooo many rules about living on your own property and what you can live in. Is it like that there?

Any info or if you can point me in the direction of where to find out about this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 AM

1,354 posts, read 2,567,816 times
Are far as I know, in Yavapai County, it is not legal to buy land and park a motorhome on it to live in the motorhome. The zoning codes do not allow it. Your best bet is probably to find a cheap, long term RV park.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,599,985 times
It will be cold RVing in the winter in Prescott, and I woudn't even consider Flagstaff, unless you like RVing in snow. I have a number of friends who have spent winters in Cottonwood in their RV, and they got very cold in the winter there (which is warmer than Prescott), nights go into the teens and twenties, brr!, and they just couldn't keep their rigs warm enough.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Minimal RV Camping About to be Legal in Yavapai on Private Land

Here is an update to the zoning laws in Yavapai County. The zoning will likely be changed on November 5, 2009 as follows:

The Yavapai County Planning and Zoning Commission voted unanimously to recommend allowing residents to camp temporarily in recreational vehicles and travel trailers on private parcels of 10 acres or more.

It would limit camping to 10 consecutive days as many as three times a year. The vehicles may not connect to utilities and owners may not rent them to other campers. The Board of Supervisors votes on the commission's recommendation at its Nov. 5 meeting in Prescott.

Current zoning ordinances do not allow the public to camp on private property in RVs and travel trailers.

Here is the article: Zoning Change Recommended

Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 PM

2,551 posts, read 1,620,161 times
There is a few trailer park areas and RV places to park your RV and live in. I'm not sure what their names are (or the street names they are located in), but do some research and find out...Good luck & God bless...

Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM

123 posts, read 194,739 times
There are a few Rv parks in the areas you want to stay in, however, unless you have plenty of money and a BIG rig, I suggest you forget about it. The prices for mnthly stays go from $380 (not including propane or electric) to $700 per month.

If you stay in the Mesa, Buckeye or Phx RV parks, they can also cost you a mint in the winter. Go ahead and call any of the following but don't believe everything they tell you.

RV Park and Campground Information for Prescott, Arizona

Prescott Rv Parks

We stay with our son right now outside of Phoenix and we were on the road for 3 years after selling our place near Bisbee. The best part of RVing with our little Casita was boondocking; more privacy, less hassel, less cost and we were not shoved into a park like sardines.

We lived in Prescott Valley before all the development came in. Not only can we NOT afford to live there now, we wouldn't.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 PM

11,252 posts, read 9,678,485 times
The people who want to move here and live on the cheap, are the same people who will complain about high taxes and huge water bills.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock1 View Post
where can i obtain a lender for a manufactured home on stem wall, unpaved road and only hauled water in dewey az. 86327 $65,000. loan w/5,000. down excellent credit. Please e-mail me at therocksrv@yahoo.com
Theoretically, if the home was built after June 1976, then you should be able to get an FHA loan with 3.5% down. An inspector will have to certify that the stem wall is FHA compliant. Sometimes, hauled water can be an issue, but usually only if hauled water is rare in the area. You are probably looking either in Blue Hills or Henderson Valley where hauled water is fairly common, so that should not be an issue. I'll send you an email with the names of a couple lenders.

If the home was built before June 1976. You can forget trying to finance. Nobody that I know of will finance pre-76 homes right now. Your only chance would be to get a land loan which would probably require 30%-40% down - and the 30% would be based on the value of the land. If you are paying more than the land value, then you would have to come up with 30% of the land value PLUS the extra value that you are paying for the mobile.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 AM

755 posts, read 816,375 times
Its a great time to buy land so if you can find an area where the zoning allows a motorhome you can really get a beautiful view for a lot less than you would have paid a couple years ago.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,019 times
Thanks, but found a manufactured that i can pay cash and eliminate a lender. Unfortunately, i need to install a heating system. Any low ost suggestions??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott