Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,937,588 times

Advertisements

Fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and flash mobs in many parts of the US may expedite the recovery in Arizona, but 1 thing is for sure: millions of dollars and almost 10 years of efforts have been spent getting the Del Rio planned community approved and so I would be shocked if does not happen.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:48 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,861,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
The economy is going to need to improve more that "a bit" to provide jobs for all those people. Actually, the economy is gonna have to improve quite a bit just to fill the vacant and for sale houses already on the market.
Correct. There is a job shortage RIGHT NOW in the area, building homes will not make people move unless we have the job market INFRASTRUCTURE.

Get the jobs here FIRST and then the people will come. Building homes and hoping people will move here will not work. That is the broken RE business model that was a part of the cause of the RE collapse and economy collapse back in 2008.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Get the jobs here FIRST and then the people will come. Building homes and hoping people will move here will not work. That is the broken RE business model that was a part of the cause of the RE collapse and economy collapse back in 2008.
Boomers retirement income are a big economic boost to an area.
Many national chains and franchises require that a minimum amount of people live in an area before they will consider allowing a business in that area.
Sometimes you need the people first in order to produce the jobs.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,529,465 times
My observation has been that very few people (except retirees) buy and move into a house without a job. I know of none.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 PM

There are millions of boomers retiring over the next 10 years,they are looking for great places to retire to,Prescott only a few miles away was listed as one of the top retirement spots in the entire USA several times by major media sources.

Nothing is guaranteed but Chino is a beautiful place with mild weather,and a reasonable commute to airport, shopping,hospitals, restaurants................
http://www.basecapital.com/secure/images/spacer.gif (broken link)
The Bond Ranch at Del Rio Springs, LLC
Chino Valley, AZ The Bond Ranch is a 3,000 acre, $100 million property. The property has a Planned Area Development approval, which includes a golf course, approximately 3,800 single family residential lots, commercial areas, and an abundance of landscaped open space

Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
There are millions of boomers retiring over the next 10 years,they are looking for great places to retire to,Prescott only a few miles away was listed as one of the top retirement spots in the entire USA several times by major media sources.

Nothing is guaranteed but Chino is a beautiful place with mild weather,and a reasonable commute to airport, shopping,hospitals, restaurants................

The Bond Ranch at Del Rio Springs, LLC
Chino Valley, AZ The Bond Ranch is a 3,000 acre, $100 million property. The property has a Planned Area Development approval, which includes a golf course, approximately 3,800 single family residential lots, commercial areas, and an abundance of landscaped open space
That is yet to be determined. With this economy, retirement is being put on hold by many, some even have to come out of retirement and back to the workforce in order to survive. Prescott became a retirement town mostly because of the California RE boom. That encompasses 75% of the retirees. Since 2008, The Cali RE boom is dead.

These "developers/investors" will realize that times are changing and rehashing the same broken business model of building RE golf-course communities has a slim chance of succeeding in this economy. The Prescott are has already seen plenty of such communities go bankrupt and into foreclosure. It's been all over the Prescott Courier; the Hassayampa, Antelope Hills, etc. have lost millions and faced or went into bankruptcy/foreclosure.

So this "Bond Ranch" wishes to repeat the same failed RE business model?

I wish them luck...

Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
These "developers/investors" will realize that times are changing and rehashing the same broken business model of building RE golf-course communities has a slim chance of succeeding in this economy.
Moderator cut: off topicThere are several articles predicting AZ will bebooming like it was before. Do a quick Google search and you will see for yourself.
Quit being so down on this beautiful state businesses are moving here in mass because we are very low risk for natural disasters and have plenty of land.

Big data center in Chandler to serve Fortune 500 companies

Huge Data Center moves to Arizona

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-10-2011 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,529,465 times
I think the Monsoon Season is as close as we come to a natural disaster.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Quit being so down on this beautiful state businesses are moving here in mass because we are very low risk for natural disasters and have plenty of land.
I'm not against businesses moving to AZ. Have you ever read my posts? I am actually one of the most vocal parties pushing for more real businesses coming to Prescott. We need more high-paying, career jobs, in Prescott.

What I am against is more RE subdivisions going up. This was a failed business model and it will fail again.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
I'm not against businesses moving to AZ. Have you ever read my posts? I am actually one of the most vocal parties pushing for more real businesses coming to Prescott. We need more high-paying, career jobs, in Prescott.

What I am against is more RE subdivisions going up. This was a failed business model and it will fail again.
Where do you get these thoughts? There are thousands of successful subdivisions in Arizona, the only unsuccessful ones were th ones built at the top of the market before it crashed. Statistics tell us that we are thousands of homes behind where we need to be to accomodate the pent up demand for the coming boom headed our way,we are headed for housing shortages here in Arizona.

Check out the rental market in Phoenix and you will see huge increases in rents because of shortages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott