Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM

67 posts, read 149,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
I suppose that would depend on the jurisdiction you're in. In some cities, it is illegal to discharge a firearm. Period. On County land, you might be able to claim target practice. I would suggest you call the Police or Sheriff who has jurisdiction over your land and ask them.
A good pelet rifle would do the job long distance with no violations worked well with some squirells in my garden

Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBeachRon View Post
A good pelet rifle would do the job long distance with no violations worked well with some squirells in my garden
A pellet gun will not work on a full sized rattle snake. If anything, you will make it more angry and aggressive.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
Default Great site, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
For those interested, here is a very nice site that you can read about and see pix of the various types of snakes in AZ.
We don't have all that many species of rattlers up here though if you read it.

Snakes of Arizona (http://www.reptilesofaz.org/herp-snakes.html - broken link)

Thank you so much for this site. I have identified two snakes that we found at our front door. Both harmless.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
There is no anti-venom available in Prescott. One has to be flown to Flagstaff or Phoenix for care or they will die. You have a 30-45 minute window before you go into respiratory failure & cardiac arrest, sometimes faster if you have an accelerated heart rate, which then allows the venom to travel faster in your body.
First, it is called antivenin, not anti-venom. Secondly, Prescott is not a major metro area, and I'm pretty sure every person reading this forum is aware of that. Not a secret. Major metro areas offer services not as commonly available in smaller communities.

I sincerely hope you find a way to move as soon as humanly possible. Personally, I've never seen one person so unhappy with their community and so unrelentingly negative about every aspect of life. It's exhausting reading, and I can't imagine what it must be like to be so unhappy.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
A pellet gun will not work on a full sized rattle snake. If anything, you will make it more angry and aggressive.

You are wrong, again. I have had a number of pellet guns over the years that will bring down small game quite easily.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 AM

67 posts, read 149,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
You are wrong, again. I have had a number of pellet guns over the years that will bring down small game quite easily.
You are correct sir I have done it, and at some distance.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Just FYI, there are 5 protected species of rattlesnakes in AZ. So shooting one could get you into hot water. There's almost never any reason to kill one anyway, and they will keep your rodent population down. Live and let live.

Oh, and deaths due to Mojave Green rattlesnakes are very rare, despite the fear mongering.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,014 times
Good term for it.
And I did not know that some species are protected in the state, interesting.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,869,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
I can't imagine what it must be like to be so unhappy.
Unhappy?

My friends, workers and family say that I am one of the most enjoyable, funny and uplifting person they know. I am a VERY HAPPY person.

As you know, 98% of comments in this forum are going to be positive in the area they are discussing. People from Atlanta, El Paso, Chicago, etc, are going to say that their city is the best.

I interject REALITY and real life. Many people don't like to hear the truth. It's like my buddy who was getting married, he was on Cloud 9 and ready to say "I do". I told him the reality that 50% of marriages end in divorce and being married is a life long job and it is not easy. He had a 1 in 2 chance of complete failure in that marriage, quite a high risk. He rethought his decision and canceled his wedding. He is glad that he did because he later found out that his fiancee was cheating on him while they were engaged.

Moderator cut: discussing moderation

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-04-2011 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Discussing moderation in forums not permitted.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Please get back to the topic and limit your comments to the topic at hand. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott