Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM

11 posts, read 24,975 times

Advertisements

I'll be locating to az soon. I left a note on the Buckeye board but didn't want to mention Prescott because, well, it's a buckeye board. Anyway I really love the town of Prescott. However it appears the real estate prices are way higher than the rest of AZ. Are there resonable apartment rentals in the area seeing as I'll never be able to afford the prices not that I would consider tpp many houses there look like camps. I don't want low-income but I can't afford highend luxury either. i love the small town feeling and the friendlyness of it. I love be able to walk around rather than drive Any suggestions on housing?
Are the schools good? Many drugs or troublemakers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
Well, last week I went to some places in Prescott that I had never went and now I appreciate Prescott a lot more than I used to. Now I know why certain people are the way they are and why gossip is normal around here. I know why and it's okay with me now. I live a better life now anyway and I don't drink anymore. It's a better town without the alcohol, that's for sure.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmpr View Post
I'll be locating to az soon. I left a note on the Buckeye board but didn't want to mention Prescott because, well, it's a buckeye board. Anyway I really love the town of Prescott. However it appears the real estate prices are way higher than the rest of AZ. Are there resonable apartment rentals in the area seeing as I'll never be able to afford the prices not that I would consider tpp many houses there look like camps. I don't want low-income but I can't afford highend luxury either. i love the small town feeling and the friendlyness of it. I love be able to walk around rather than drive Any suggestions on housing?
Are the schools good? Many drugs or troublemakers?

Yes, there is drugs here, but if you don't hang around those type of people, then you'll be okay. Pot and Meth is really popular here. And alcohol also. Too many bars for a small town. I really have no idea why they have so many bars here. There are quite a few alcoholics who are at the bars, in Whiskey Row, everyday. Don't let them influence you or anything.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,418 times
There are bars and drugs no matter where you live. Your exposure to it is largely decided by your habits. For instance, I don't frequent bars out of personal preference, they're fairly boring and I'd rather do something more interesting, so I really don't know about all the 'regulars' that live in the local dives. Pretty sure if you are a creative and resourceful person you'll find plenty to do, with the kind of people that interest you.

But, you know, there will be a lot of negativity and complaining about this that and the other thing. Apparently these small towns are full of nosy people with nothing better to do than worry about everybody else's problems, real or exaggerated. Not that I've met any of these people yet, but I don't look for them so I guess they've escaped my notice. I don't really care what small-minded people think; I'm busy with my own life and I'm a good citizen so any crap they want to spread, they're welcome to it. I scrape off people like that, they're a massive downer. Much rather hang out with people who have more confidence in themselves and a more positive attitude that's geared towards solution rather than pollution.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 PM

100 posts, read 252,240 times
Drugs tend to be towards the Downtown where there are allot of drifters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: