Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,877,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Mcconnell View Post
Glancing thru Craigslist (Prescott) There Is (2) two lots for sale. If your interested .
There are currently 829 lots for sale just in the greater Prescott area (i.e., not even including PV, Chino, Dewey, Williamson Valley, etc.). I've never quite understood using Craigslist to look for a house or lot. Very few properties are ever posted on Craigslist.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:32 PM

3,743 posts, read 5,799,120 times
I have been monitoring CL for Real Estate. Brian, there seems to be a lot of Realtors that DO use it. It is helping me get the feel of the place and prices as well. I did see those lots (they did look promising) but I sure would want to see in person. Don't you thing it is a good place for "For Sale By Owner" properties?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:39 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,877,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I have been monitoring CL for Real Estate. Brian, there seems to be a lot of Realtors that DO use it. It is helping me get the feel of the place and prices as well. I did see those lots (they did look promising) but I sure would want to see in person. Don't you thing it is a good place for "For Sale By Owner" properties?
There are some agents that post properties on CL, but the majority do not. We tried posting on CL, but found that we received a lot of SPAM-type responses, so we abandoned CL. Perhaps FSBOs post on CL, but evenso, many FSBOs just post a sign on the lot. The best way to track available lots and prices (in my opinion) is through Realtor.com. Every property that is listed for sale by a REALTOR appears on Realtor.com (unless the owner forbids advertising online). Of course you will not find FSBOs, but FSBOs do not drive the market, so if you are interested in pricing, then properties listed by agents will tend to more representative of market values. The only true representation of market values, though, are closed properties and appraisals.

Obviously I would suggest that you contact a REALTOR, rather than go the FSBO route, but people will do what they do. Keep in mind that the seller is typically selling FSBO for two reasons: 1) he wants to keep the commission rather than paying a REALTOR or rather than cutting the price for the buyer, or 2) he has something to hide that a REALTOR would not be legally or ethically allowed to hide. In either case, the buyer gets a raw deal. (Of course the 3rd reason could be that they had a bad experience with a bad agent.) Additionally, there are piles of landmines that a REALTOR can help you avoid, such as: whether an Affidavit of Disclosure is required, whether the land is zoned for your desired future building, whether there are subdivision restrictions, whether the seller owes more on the property than the property is worth, whether a Public Report is required from the seller, whether there are deed restrictions that would limit your use of the property, how much surrounding wells in the area are producing, whether utilities are available, etc.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM

276 posts, read 801,961 times
Wonder of the two places has a higher TAX rate.. the one with the lower rate and with the best amenities would get my vote.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,358,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
Wonder of the two places has a higher TAX rate.. the one with the lower rate and with the best amenities would get my vote.
They're very close in overall state and local tax burden, according to the taxfoundation.org.

In 2008, Arizona was ranked #41 and New Mexico was #39.

My state was #6

Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM

125 posts, read 475,720 times
My state was #6 [/quote]

Where are you now??? Im in Wisconsin.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,358,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman View Post
My state was #6
Where are you now??? Im in Wisconsin.[/quote]

Upper right corner of my post ... "Location: SoCal desert"

I'm on the wrong side of the CA/AZ border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott