Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:42 AM

7 posts, read 10,127 times

Advertisements

I am considering buying near downtown and I wonder with all the talk about meth-heads or homeless hanging out near the courthouse is crime a problem near downtown?

The et cetera applies to any other comments one might have about living near downtown particularly near the Mount Vernon Street area. Thanks! Great forums on Prescott even with the really negative or realistic, depending on point of view, comments. One comment: a little optimism can go a long way toward improving some of the negative situations that really do exist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
I have a friend who doesn't live far from downtown and she loves the area she lives in. She is only minutes from downtown and she doesn't have any problems in her neighborhood. She loves it.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:00 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
It depends on what part of it your in. I think the area, near the public library, is wonderful and the people are nicer too there and it's a lot closer to town (you can walk into town). But most it is good, but there are some that aren't. You just have to search around.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,914,525 times
Mt. Vernon (south of Gurley) is loads of fun on Holloween. People come from all over to trick-or-treat. Be prepared to invite friends over and ask them to bring candy. You can easily go through half a bathtub's worth of candy.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the comments. Walking to downtown is exactly what I have in mind. I am currently living in a small village in Mexico a couple hours from Guadalajara and am single, was raised in Phx. I like to have the ability to walk to coffee shops, bookstores, etc. anyplace for social gathering, but having searched City-Data AZ have found very few places as such. We have become such a suburban nation. I find Prescott ideal but a bit cold in the Winter. I've had various connections to Prescott since the 60's and find Mt. Vernon beautiful but am not sure I can afford it. Any ideas on Miller Valley or areas closer to downtown. Thanks for the tip on the neighborhood near the library.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 AM

How about Miller Valley? It is kind of still near, walking distance, of downtown yet I assue a lot less expensive.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM

250 posts, read 1,118,680 times
I live a stones throw away from the PPL... right downtown. Knock on wood, I have not experienced any crime in my area. It's great having so many restuarants and shopping destinations within walking distance, not to mention we have great trails and lakes just up Senators Highway. The downside is I can hear all the fun on a Friday and Saturday night coming from the bars downtown.... not to mention the straight-piped Harley's.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 AM

Thanks Inde-Rocker! I've had contact with Prescott since I was 'knee high...' but am unfamiliar with the abbreviation PPL. I guess the S.P. Harleys are inevitable, after all this Prescott, AZ, USA - and we must flex our public macho... ) How is the jam scene for open-mike, hanging out, jammin' with friends in our territorial capitol?

Old 05-08-2010, 08:02 AM

Oh, duh? PPL-Prescott Public Library. Correct? Thanks.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:26 AM

250 posts, read 1,118,680 times
Yup, PPL = Prescott Public Library. Don't know much about the local music/jam scene. Don't really have much spare time since I started my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: